1968 Ford Mustang Fastback J code Factory GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback J code Factory GT

1968 Ford Mustang Fastback

Factory J code “302” High Performance Motor, Auto, factory GT car

[IMG][/IMG]

Approximately 3 year old restoration, very nice look.

Excellent cruise night or local show car. I believe most would consider this a "show car". Tons of positive feedback at the 2007 Ford Carlisle show field.

Drivetrain
*Rebuilt 302, recent $1800 rebuild of the top end, hardened valve seats.

Runs VERY well, great of power, good idle, not problems with overheating, etc.
- Shelby upgrades including “Cobra” raised aluminum intake, Brand new Edelbrock Carb, chrome air cleaner and “Cobra” valve covers.
-Electronic conversion (no more points) and newer battery

Good master cylinder and brakes

Newer Dual exhaust, sounds great
Rebuilt automatic transmission

Rebuilt “9 inch” Rear end
Power steering (very minor leaks)

Exterior
Currently – Ford “Chrome” yellow, brighter than the original factory yellow but MUCH, MUCH nicer color. Very good professional paint job, fairly new but there are minor imperfections and a few small flecks seen on very close inspection.

The combination of the yellow and black accents (C stripe, black interior) makes for a very nice look.

The car is a factory GT and comes with a Marti report. This package included the GT lights, gas cap, rims, etc.

The car was very lightly undercoated since new (no inch thick junk hiding everything), no structural issues, floors good, torque box good, frame, etc.

Good chrome bumpers and door handles

All lights work, horn, gauges, turn signal hood with working lights, etc.

Interior
Very nice looking black interior, older (original?) carpet, front and rear seat belts

New custom fitted carpet floor mats.

Seats in good condition with no rips or unusual wear, locking mechanism for front seats work, very nice center console

Original Mustang steering wheel – several separations in the wheel, center pad is good with normal wear, AM/FM/Cassette and front speaker
Working gauges

Trunk - Black and white trunk mat

Marti Report
The Marti Report confirms this car to be an original J code 302-4V, C-4 transmission, GT fastback.

Also notes originally ordered with:

F70x14 Wide Oval Tires

White Sidewall tires

Console

Power Steering

AM Radio

Tinted Glass

Delaware inspected with no issues, clear title in hand. The car gets a LOT of attention and has tons of power! No games allowed, no joy rides.

No payment scams. There are ONLY two forms of payment accepted - CASH when the car is physically picked up and the title signed over OR money WIRED directly.

Thanks!

Link to tons of pictures !

CLICK HERE ------ http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/r...albumview=grid

No payment scams. There are ONLY two forms of payment accepted - CASH when the car is physically picked up and the title signed over OR money WIRED directly.
$27,000 / best offer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-05-2008, 05:09 AM

68GT

Is this car still for sale?

Do you have any pictures of the interior?

Any other information?

Where is it located?

Is it capable to be driven to Texas? Or should it be trailered?

post #3 of 3 Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Is this car still for sale?

Yes, open to best reasonable offer.

Do you have any pictures of the interior?

What I have currently is at

http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/r...albumview=grid

I will be happy to take any additional pictures. There interior is very nice - easily show worth but not "perfect". Just let me know what you want to see.

Any other information?

Car runs, drives and looks very good. Definately stands out due to color combination. Great feedback from MCA show at Carlisle and local events.
Selling because I had the chance to purchase a 1967 Fastback with a 390 from a local person. If not, it would not be for sale.

Where is it located?

Near Wilmington, DE 19805

Is it capable to be driven to Texas? Or should it be trailered?

You can never be "100% certain" with older cars but I would not hesitate to drive anywhere. The longest I have driven is about 3 to 3 & 1/2 hours each way with no issues. I have never had problems with overheating or anything else. The previous owner drove to several hours in the summer with no issues. The battery and "wear" items are newer so there should be no suprises. The petronix ignition also adds greatly to reliability.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement