Anyone do a 2jz swap into a Foxbody - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Anyone do a 2jz swap into a Foxbody

I've seen maybe 2 old forum post about some users (now long gone) that did it,but Has anyone done it that's active on the forums done it if so what modifications,and fab work did you have to do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
My '92 notch is currently LS-powered but when I first got it, I put a 2JZ/TH400 in it. Bought the car as a roller with a AJE K-member that was used for a mod-motor. I modified the k-member for the 2JZ and set the engine back as far as possible. Modified the tranny mount brackets in the tunnel for the setback and made a simple tranny mount bracket. Ran a Haltech and tried using the internal crank trigger wheel and OEM sensor but couldn't get it to work so I ended putting the wheel on the balancer and fabbed a bracket for Hall-sensor. Too much detail to put in one post and lots of pics. I can put it here in a series of posts or do it direct with you in email.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2JZNotch-engine1.JPG (108.8 KB, 30 views)

Turbo Notch
8.092 @ 169.13
post #3 of 5 Old 03-02-2019, 04:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2FC View Post
My '92 notch is currently LS-powered but when I first got it, I put a 2JZ/TH400 in it. Bought the car as a roller with a AJE K-member that was used for a mod-motor. I modified the k-member for the 2JZ and set the engine back as far as possible. Modified the tranny mount brackets in the tunnel for the setback and made a simple tranny mount bracket. Ran a Haltech and tried using the internal crank trigger wheel and OEM sensor but couldn't get it to work so I ended putting the wheel on the balancer and fabbed a bracket for Hall-sensor. Too much detail to put in one post and lots of pics. I can put it here in a series of posts or do it direct with you in email.
I bet that was a fun ride, do you have a build thread anywhere?

1993 Cobra #1282
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Sorry, I don't.

Turbo Notch
8.092 @ 169.13
post #5 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I got a 2jz engine in pieces all good machined parts here that I may be willing to part with if your interested

DIY Tuning -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TMoss Porting - tmoss.efidynotuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
Running out of parts to swap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement