Hello everybody! I figured I would share my build on here for fun as well as for those who may have questions about this type of swap. My main goal with this build was simplicity. It is a street car that is a light, no options, plain looking, deceiving beast. I started with a 1989 4 cylinder 5 speed coupe that was owned by a grandma. I bought it as a roller and went from there.
- LS2 with 243 heads, JE Pistons, LS6 intake, Tick custom grind cam, 42LB injectors
- 4L60E with a full manual transgo HD3 kit, beast shell, band, Hughes frictions, corvette servo, and a Vigilante 3600 rpm converter.
- Headman mid-length headers with full 3" X-pipe and magnaflow bullet style mufflers
- 8.8 with 3.90 gears
- Tubular front end, 14" x 130 lb coil-overs, front 90-10s, rear strange shocks, 4 wheel disc brakes.
- Painless chassis harness, standalone engine harness made from an LS1 unit
- Manual brakes, trans, steering, windows, and even mirrors!
When first bought: sat for 4 years
On the way home
You get the idea for tearing one apart. Now for the build up!