Just looking for advice, motor swap or trade cars? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-19-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Just looking for advice, motor swap or trade cars?

Ok to start I have a 2001 FBody LS1/6spd. I'm not a big fan of the car. It's my 2nd Firebird and I've had it for 8 years now. It is a stock motor, full exhaust car. The main things I dont like are 1) it needs a 9" before it can be used to potential ($2500) 2) the way the cars are built you can't have a nice 3" dual setup and have it lowered properly. I have duals on it that drag frequently and it's at stock 4x4 ride height 3) I don't like the handling and drivers comfort and seating position as much as I did my previous Mustangs. 4) I love the HUGE available aftermarket available for Mustangs, not the case for Firebirds

Now I've been thinking seriously about buying a nice 87-98 Roller and swapping my running gear into it then selling my Bird as a roller. The only thing "special" about my setup is my Tick T56 that is fully built short of the Viper output shaft upgrade. I owned a 92 LX5.0 from 96-01 and a 97 GT for a couple years after that. Then I moved on to an LT1 Firebird and now the LS1 Firebird I've had for a while now.

My question is should I do a swap, or would it make more sense to just sell my whole car and then wait for a swapped Mustang to hit the classifieds? I am a big LS fan for obvious power to dollar reasons but would probably settle for a 4v car. No way I could go back to a 2v. I have been scrolling the classifieds for a while now getting an idea of how much stuff is going for. I noticed a couple blown 4v Fox bodies in the $10-14k range that would be badass. Or find a nice Mach 1 and put a supercharger on it later. Price wise my budget would be around $5,000 cash plus my Firebird.

2001 Formula Firebird- LS1/6spd, 1.75" LT's, 3" orxp, Dual 3" 1-chamber Flowmasters, MTI lid, 265/295's on 18x10 AR Rebels, Ran [email protected] B4 mods when completely stock. 1996 GMC Yukon, 6" RCX susp lift, 35"x13.5" on 18"x10" Ridglines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement