Car is a 1998 GT with cobra bumpers and an R hood.
Was a turbo 5.4/th400 car I bought as a roller.
Built rear with an ARB and a custom fuel tank
Coilovers in the front
PA racing tubular k
And some other parts
Got it delivered to the garage and got to work tearing it apart.
car was an oil disaster and packed full of modular wiring mess
wiring cleaned up for the most part, bay degreased, flaming river manual rack installed and the brakes halfway torn out
Then i picked up this
06 LQ4 6.0 short block, Ls2 style rods/pistons
Pistons are fly cut for ptv clearance
Clevite 77 rod bearings
Arp rod bolts
Arp head bolts
Arp balancer bolt
Melling oil pump
Asp aluminum balancer
Ls2 hd timing chain
Thunder racing trex cam .242/.248 duration at .050 .608/.612 lift 110lsa
Comp one piece pushrods
Patriot extreme gold .660 lift valvespring kit with titanium retainers
853 casting ls1 heads milled .065
Heavily ported on intake and exhaust ports with polished combustion chamber.
Engine is 11.6:1 compression and pump gas friendly
swapped on a GM muscle car pan and into the newly black engine bay it went for a first test fit. Aerospace manual master cylinder also installed
Got my exhaust. Custom 1 7/8 primaries with 3.5" collectors with v-bands into a 3" x pipe
Test fit all the fbody accessories and then out came the engine again to modify the upr mounts to clear the headers
Once that was done i bolted up my TCI flexplate and my new trans
FTI built TH400 with a RM valve body and transbrake. Should be good for 1,000.
They also built a custom billet 9" 4,700 stall converter for me. Highly recommend these guys.
Back in the bay, with a super vic intake,edelbrock rails and 36# ford injectors.
Got the headers slid in as well.
Dirty but back on its feet to get it out of the way for some other
fabbed covers installed, ended up having to switch to a Katech tensioner
Also installed an fbody radiator and Fbody dual electric fans
Then I started tackling the interior wiring
With the AC ductwork out of the way it became apparent that this was also a mess
all cleaned up
I cut the cover from the passenger airbag and will be reusing it to cover the mounting location for the Holley HP EFI ecu
with it snapped back into place you can see where it will go
borrowed the idea from a member on here as well as how ill be doing my cluster
I removed the cluster cover and will be cutting out a piece of ABS plastic to size and reusing the clear cover if possible.This will house the one-wire holley gauges.
Painted the roll bar and re-laid the cleaned up carpet
This evening I started tackling the damaged paint. Its far from a professional job but should make the car livable until I can do a full on repaint.
Unfortunately I didnt order enough paint so I only did the drivers side and rear bumper for the time being. Will do the drivers side problem spots and clear it all in a week or so
Essentially I need to order my Holley system, build a fuel system, measure for my driveshaft and order my 4150 and I can be on the road.