ford engine in a GM a/g body 1978-1988 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
ford engine in a GM a/g body 1978-1988

since swapping the chevy LS motors into fox bodies is so popular now ive been thinking about doing the opposite and swapping a 302/351w into a 78-88a/g body gm car. preferably a wagon because they are the coolest

anyways anyone done it? i imagine it cant be that difficult, only real concern i have is what oil pan will work with the gm cross member.

motor and tranny mounts ill just fab something up so no big deal there, exhaust will be flipped shorties id imagine as it will be turbocharged so again no big deal.

i cant figure out why there arent more cars out there with this swap. the a/g bodies are full frame cars and have great drag race suspension. heck 8.8 mustang rears practically bolt in

anyways im looking for a project car and had this idea rolling around. id love to piss off some GM guys

Looking for Fox body Fairmont, Zephyr, Cougar, LTD, Marquis or Granada wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 03:17 PM

A 351 would be cool, but I feel that the reason you don't see alot of 302 swaps is because they break at 500 hp,the power is so limited... and it seems it's all about the LS nowadays..

-Garrett

post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

yeah i get the stock block limitations being a factor and maybe thats all it is but still theres plenty of 10 and 11 second stock block mstangs running around. thats all i would want realistically, just a nice 11 second driver

Last edited by Mike Gager; 10-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
do it

You really should just build it. Id love to see one. I wish I had parts to donate.

Lx coupe-lsx, 9", Detroit locker....wtt/wts pm me.
Killeen, Tx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement