So So event - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-05-2012, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
So So event

Finally got the 88LX coupe 6.0 swap done and ready for the track - or so I thought.
HOT day (100+) so I was not expecting alot but knew the power to weight ratio was good.

First pass off the trailer, forgetting to shift so I went 1 - 3 all over the limiter to a 7.8 @ 90 with a 1.8 60', hot lapped it to make sure I hit the shifts, much better but still tapped them slightly, the tach must be slow and the limiter needs to be moved some probably but ran a 7.5 @ 95 with a 1.77 60'.
was happy to see mid 7s in the heat. I sat down to watch some racing and then decided to go out again. Hoping to pull a better 60' b/c it had spun on the first to passes I dropped pressure down to 15 from 20 and let it rip!!!!!

results are below.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg passide.jpg (8.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DRside.jpg (9.4 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
U lost it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free

post #3 of 5 Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

yeah it got out of the groove and ended up crossing center line at 330' mark, thought I had kept it off the wall but at that moment it hit, which probably kept me from hitting the other wall head on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 10:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (43)
I was there at Greer when this happened. Didnt know the car had a ls swap. I am getting started on one myself. Luckily you didnt get hurt. Car got it pretty good. The track sucked due to the heat. Planning to fix it? Or get another body?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9389coupe View Post
I was there at Greer when this happened. Didnt know the car had a ls swap. I am getting started on one myself. Luckily you didnt get hurt. Car got it pretty good. The track sucked due to the heat. Planning to fix it? Or get another body?
I go back and forth, yesterday i was parting it out, today I am thinking about making sure "frame" is OK and making more passes.
Probably be better to find another 4cyl car and swap it all over and part this car out.

hard to spend $500 to straighten frame - if out of wack. when I dont have but $500 in the car. I can get another running 4cyl for less than $1500...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement