355 in a 89' coupe need help - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-25-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
355 in a 89' coupe need help

i'm a newbie here and wanted to post to get some help, my step father gave me a 355 he had in a 70 nova, double humps, flat tops, vic jr., quite a bit of work done to it so the other day a buddy offered a perfect 89 coupe roller to me for 300 bucks so i figured what the hell, now i need some pointers on motor mounts and headers and stuff! thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 06:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (23)
I love chevy swaps in mustangs! unfortunately i don't have one but the way to go is with a aje k member. The motor mounts are universal you just order the kit with chevy mounts. Thats why i got that one for future planing. all it is is a phone call and a change of part number and i can drop a chevy right in! american racing header and kooks both make custom headers for foxes with chevy motors. you can also look on here, yellowbullet, or racingjunk for them used. hope i could help thats what this sites all about.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

how about cross members and stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I did one on a plate

if I did it over Id use afco k and headers

the cheap way is weld some flat steel on the k mounts and use stock gm mount with 69-81 camaro headers

the car I did had aje k memeber I think and the afco headers didnt clear that well, thats why I would do matching k and headers

but the cheap way would work good to. there is a thread here somewhere

the one I did is a 383 in 85GT, goes 10.40's. its a solid roller with vic jr heads but its not that crazy IMO. 7200 shift, glide 4.10 gear

oh yeah you can buy a trans crossmemeber but we just fabbed one. it was easy
post #5 of 5 Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM

I'm doing the same project but mines a 427 sbc, i've been using teamZ parts they are great quality and very good prices, and yes...try to use the same brand parts to make it alot easier. here's there website, Team Z Motorsports - Suspension Kits and Components for hardcore Mustangs & more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement