Raceallday take 2.... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 221 Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Raceallday take 2....

SO I go away on a road trip and the damn thread is locked?!?!?!?!? What's up with that?

Anyway, this new one is about the comparison between the Neals I have and the SB 2.2's I've gone to.

I now have the new heads in my possession and I can give a side by side look as to how and why things are different.

Now, could I have gotten a ford head to do what this chevy ones are doing? Yes, absolutely, but it was a matter of COST, not love of a particular brand.

So here's a breakdown of the new heads:

New, not NASCAR take off castings. The heads are fully cnc ported and hand finished for my application. They have manley titanium valves, manley nextec triple springs, assembled and ready to go. Price???? 3000.00

Final flow numbers, well, those are for me.. but I will tell you they are well over 400 cfm on the intake, and well over 300 cfm on the exhaust side. Here's a little I idea though... @ .500 lift they flow 356 on the intake and 246 on the exhaust.

What would a comparable ford head run?

I will post a couple of comparison pics in short order.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Formerly LSNotch

Trader Feedback: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
SO I go away on a road trip and the damn thread is locked?!?!?!?!? What's up with that?

Anyway, this new one is about the comparison between the Neals I have and the SB 2.2's I've gone to.

I now have the new heads in my possession and I can give a side by side look as to how and why things are different.

Now, could I have gotten a ford head to do what this chevy ones are doing? Yes, absolutely, but it was a matter of COST, not love of a particular brand.

So here's a breakdown of the new heads:

New, not NASCAR take off castings. The heads are fully cnc ported and hand finished for my application. They have manley titanium valves, manley nextec triple springs, assembled and ready to go. Price???? 3000.00

Final flow numbers, well, those are for me.. but I will tell you they are well over 400 cfm on the intake, and well over 300 cfm on the exhaust side. Here's a little I idea though... @ .500 lift they flow 356 on the intake and 246 on the exhaust.

What would a comparable ford head run?

I will post a couple of comparison pics in short order.
You will nevaa go fast with such abomination! Hahaha J/K
I'll be intalling an LSx in my notch at the begining of next year. Hope to run low 10's high nines with a junkyard 6.0 L92 headed high revving Chevy POS!
Sorry! Back on track....

93 Mustang GT ZSR Dart 347, TFS 190 11R Heads, FTI Cam, TFS Box R Intake...
post #3 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 03:48 PM

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. [email protected] on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires [email protected]

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 08-17-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Formerly LSNotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0mustang5speed View Post
and your point is what
Simple....cost effectiveness!

post #5 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 PM

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. [email protected] on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires [email protected]

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 08-17-2009 at 09:00 AM.
post #6 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
why does the moderator here even allow post like this on a ford board on chevy junk..
How much does Ford pay you monthly to hate/dislike "Chevy junk?"

2012 GB A6 GT
post #7 of 221 Old 08-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (39)
I love chevy! If it wasnt for chevy owners us ford guys wouldnt have anyone to race and make fun of. Why do chevy owners come to a ford site and start trouble? Oh I know so we can make fun of them. Either way I know I dont go to Ls1 forum talking trash! Only good engine Chevy has anymore is the LSX! I have worked on a couple in my time! Pretty impressive..My favorite part is when they get beat by a 302 though. LOL

TOO_NUTS Racing
N/A- Pump Gas- 408 Clevor - [email protected]
Best 60ft on stock type suspension 1.28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UPR UCA/ Megabyte lowers/ stock anti roll bar. No battle boxes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
.........DYCK-HERTZ.....

I have gone down the road that you are only now about to travel.
tires are the great equalizer
a degree wheel, EIGHT INCH dial caliper & adjustable pushrods should be just as normal as a 1/2" wrench in your toolbox
there aint no shortcuts to doing it RIGHT....
post #9 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 408WNA View Post
You will nevaa go fast with such abomination! Hahaha J/K
I'll be intalling an LSx in my notch at the begining of next year. Hope to run low 10's high nines with a junkyard 6.0 L92 headed high revving Chevy POS!
Sorry! Back on track....
i went nines with a stock shortblock 170k+ mile short block... 302 h.o. motor... came out of a lincoln....

1991 coupe
stock bottom end, c4, nitrous,
1.43 [email protected] [email protected] revlimiter at 8.4
X275 BBFN2O 1>2 [email protected]
post #10 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Formerly LSNotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieless View Post
i went nines with a stock shortblock 170k+ mile short block... 302 h.o. motor... came out of a lincoln....
I'm talking N/A here....power adder is a different story, anything can be made fast like that!

post #11 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Formerly LSNotch

I don't get it! I love mustangs, but for Christ sake Ford has not made any engine IMO worth a crap lately. Sure the Cobra Modular wonder it's impressive but damn are they expensive! How many newer mustangs you see that they get transplanted a pushrod engine in? A lot! Why? Because it is hard and expensive to make hp with a modular engine. So the same theory applies here, why not use a Chevy engine and make the same power or more for even less?

My best friend have always being a Chevy guy and I never liked them and gave him crap all the time until now. Honestly I'll never put an old school Chevy engine in my notch but the LSx it's a different animal. Their potential is very impressive and even more so is how affordable compared to a similar Ford build is. Not sure what you guys are thinking but if I'm trying to use the most cost effective way to make power and combine it with a very efficient chassis, the Fox/ LSX combo is hard to beat!

What 88gtguy is trying to prove is that for the class that he's running the Ford stuff is more expensive and he can actually build a more efficient and competitive engine for less $$$. After all people are trying to be competitive is their class correct? Why limit yourself to Ford only if the class allows hybrids? Some people here need to be more open minded and understand the principle of why it is done.

post #12 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

First off... WOW has this struck a nerve! lol This is taking off again.

Quote:
why does the moderator here even allow post like this on a ford board on chevy junk..
To answer you, I have a mustang. I've also had some pretty decent ford motors.

I documented my car build up on this site even...

https://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=995493

As it was pointed out by 408WNA, I'm doing this to somewhat prove a point. Don't get all wrapped around the axle about someone talking about a chevy motor on here. This is the corral right? A mustang site right? Although I'm sure a lot of people would like to see brand purity throughout, the reality is that is not really the case in a lot of areas. The mustang platform has proven to be tough to beat in a stock suspension arena, so there is TONS of crossbreeding going on with the car. I'm just giving my reason why I'm not powering my MUSTANG with a ford motor.

O.G. X275 racer
post #13 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Point is its been done already! Honestly who cares, there are ton of chevy powered fox mustangs. Just watch pinks. Do whatever floats your boat. Me honestly I think you trying to stir crap up. Buddy and I was gonna do a 6.0 fox while back..but we never did. Fast is fast doesnt matter where it comes from! Just funny though these 6.0 iron blocks are doing it in Trans Am or Z28's. I was over Ls1 tech and someone had a fox build LSX going on, why not go there ? Think it was about 6 months ago. Let me find a link for ya!

TOO_NUTS Racing
post #14 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=88gtguy;9078623]SO I go away on a road trip and the damn thread is locked?!?!?!?!? What's up with that?

dont know,i was wondering the same thing myself......

the stooge with the quickest cam only ls on the [email protected]
the heat with pump gas on a radial and thru the mufflers....
post #15 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzz View Post
Point is its been done already! Honestly who cares, there are ton of chevy powered fox mustangs. Just watch pinks. Do whatever floats your boat. Me honestly I think you trying to stir crap up. Buddy and I was gonna do a 6.0 fox while back..but we never did. Fast is fast doesnt matter where it comes from! Just funny though these 6.0 iron blocks are doing it in Trans Am or Z28's. I was over Ls1 tech and someone had a fox build LSX going on, why not go there ? Think it was about 6 months ago. Let me find a link for ya!
Simple solution is to not click on any of his threads anymore. You're right power is power, why should it matter what motor he chooses to put in his car? After all it IS a Mustang. Just as if he were building a Ford based motor there probably won't be any Ford parts in it. The only difference with his motor and a Ford motor is that the distributor will be hung on the opposite end and he'll have more money in the bank when it's all said and done.

The only way #### gets stirred up with threads like this is when some people (such as yourself), 5.0mustang5speed and others make foolish remarks in them. Ford has NEVER done anything for me, you or those others to make us brand specific or loyal to them. If they give me a free car truck or suv then maybe I'll consider it. Lighten up, you're obviously on the forums for a reason, you like motorsports. Deal with cross breeding or worry yourself to death about how others spend their money.

2012 GB A6 GT
post #16 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayed_pony View Post
Simple solution is to not click on any of his threads anymore. You're right power is power, why should it matter what motor he chooses to put in his car? After all it IS a Mustang. Just as if he were building a Ford based motor there probably won't be any Ford parts in it. The only difference with his motor and a Ford motor is that the distributor will be hung on the opposite end and he'll have more money in the bank when it's all said and done.

The only way #### gets stirred up with threads like this is when some people (such as yourself), 5.0mustang5speed and others make foolish remarks in them. Ford has NEVER done anything for me, you or those others to make us brand specific or loyal to them. If they give me a free car truck or suv then maybe I'll consider it. Lighten up, you're obviously on the forums for a reason, you like motorsports. Deal with cross breeding or worry yourself to death about how others spend their money.
OUCH!!! lol But pretty well put.

O.G. X275 racer
post #17 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

So here's the two heads next to each other.

I did tape measure and try and take pics of that of the size difference between the ports, but it really didn't show up. But please note as with everything, there is bleed over. There really isn't too much difference between port configuration in the two heads on the intake side. If you the ford guys want to gloat here's your chance! lol The chevy design here does mimic the ford one. The exhaust is still somewhat the same. The "disadvantage" so to speak will be the fact that I will have to run water between the two close exhaust ports. But that's really not that big a deal.

The big story here I guess would be price... I got all of this:

For what it would cost me for a set of ford heads and shaft rockers. MAYBE minus the carbs, but it would be close!

O.G. X275 racer
post #18 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 04:26 PM

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 08-17-2009 at 09:01 AM.
post #19 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
but it does matter, most of these guys here can not tune a mower..and only have a stang cause mom and daddy bought them one, and they have no loyalty, if mom -dad bought them a honda it would be the coolest thing ever, no loyalty what so ever, some on here are true to the ford name, i know i am true blue to the bone, cut me and i bleed ford blue baby, having Chevy powered stang is like being caught between being gay and not sure if you are bi or not, but in the end you are still a homo
Look how sensitive you are! lol Did this strike a nerve or what?! Don't blow a gasket here....

I will say this though, once you start making some power, things get different.

O.G. X275 racer
post #20 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 05:00 PM

hey 88gtguy thats why they locked the other thread because these guys cant debate all they can do is name call......

the stooge with the quickest cam only ls on the [email protected]
the heat with pump gas on a radial and thru the mufflers....
post #21 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
but it does matter, most of these guys here can not tune a mower..and only have a stang cause mom and daddy bought them one, and they have no loyalty, if mom -dad bought them a honda it would be the coolest thing ever, no loyalty what so ever, some on here are true to the ford name, i know i am true blue to the bone, cut me and i bleed ford blue baby, having Chevy powered stang is like being caught between being gay and not sure if you are bi or not, but in the end you are still a homo
Once you break into the 8 second times your outlook on things will change. You're probably one of the ones who'll spend $3k more on a set of heads just so your distributor could be on the front of the motor rather the back.

2012 GB A6 GT
post #22 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayed_pony View Post

So tell me did you even read what I said? You ranting like a woman. LOL dont get a head gasket blown you sound retarted. And as for stirred up, Dude c'mon you are talking about chevy engines in a ford"on a ford site" what did you expect?! So sure im stirring lol, I thought I was helping you find LS1tech.com ! There already a ton of mustang's with 5.3s to 6.0's over there! One has a huge turbo.The even have a section for cross breaders... Oh as for cheaper..LS1 parts cost alot more then ford. And I said before I have my time working on LS1's from N/A to blowers. Most of friends are chevy guys, but they dont hang out on a ford site talking smack. Like I said once again what floats your boat, I give a crap where you spend your coin. Oh one last thing Ford has done something for ya..They did not take our tax dollars like Chevy did. We should of let them sink to the bottom. Im done!

TOO_NUTS Racing
post #23 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Kato aka Dyck Hertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato Engineering View Post
.........DYCK-HERTZ.....
I don't know why some people have to air their dirty laundry on the internet. What ever double life you lead...just keep it to yourself please. James
post #24 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 PM

Where's all of this LSx motor talk coming from. LS1 and SB2 are two total different motors.

2012 GB A6 GT
post #25 of 221 Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 PM

red rum pony,,

I have allready shaved my A$$ just for you....

I have gone down the road that you are only now about to travel.
tires are the great equalizer
a degree wheel, EIGHT INCH dial caliper & adjustable pushrods should be just as normal as a 1/2" wrench in your toolbox
there aint no shortcuts to doing it RIGHT....
post #26 of 221 Old 08-16-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato Engineering View Post
red rum pony,,

I have allready shaved my A$$ just for you....
All joking aside...you're pretty damn funny for an old man.

Break out the preparation H 'cause you're gonna need it after "Mr. Snuffleupagus" gets a hold of you! James

Last edited by redrumpony; 08-16-2009 at 12:05 AM.
post #27 of 221 Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
As it was pointed out by 408WNA, I'm doing this to somewhat prove a point. Don't get all wrapped around the axle about someone talking about a chevy motor on here. This is the corral right? A mustang site right? Although I'm sure a lot of people would like to see brand purity throughout, the reality is that is not really the case in a lot of areas. The mustang platform has proven to be tough to beat in a stock suspension arena, so there is TONS of crossbreeding going on with the car. I'm just giving my reason why I'm not powering my MUSTANG with a ford motor.
You can't prove a point that does not exist. Fact is that most of the type classes that you are trying to compete in are dominated by ford small blocks, or aftermarket big blocks that people think are chevrolet motors. If it's not like that in your particular area, then your area is the exception. Regardless of whether or not it is actually cheaper to build a chevrolet motor, it's obvious that they are not capable of getting the job done at the cost levels needed for most people. Which, again, is why most of that type of racing people do not use sbc's.

As far as the mustang platform is concerned, the only reason people in your type of racing would 'cross breed' one is because they don't know what they are doing, or they are blind loyal and trying to make a statement. Once racing reaches this level, stock suspension is long gone. They can call it stock all they want, but it's not even close. So, at this point anything can be the same for all makes. A camaro will require the same type of modifications, so there is no advantage to using a mustang for it's supposed 'superior' suspension. So why do they do it then? For reasons I just stated.

You got a hell of a deal if you bought a pair of new heads, intake, valve covers, and two Dominator carbs for $3000. The carbs alone would be minimum of almost $2000, not counting the other stuff. Unless you know of a source where anyone can get deals like that, don't try to use your luck to make a point that chevrolets are cheaper than fords to build. If you want to play that game, I know of a ford motor (351) that was bought for $500, put into a mustang that was 2950 pounds raceweight, and ran 10.20s on motor. Does that mean anyone anytime can buy or build a 351 put a 2950 pound mustang in the low 10s for $500?

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.

Last edited by Raceallday1; 08-16-2009 at 11:39 PM.
post #28 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 AM

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 08-17-2009 at 09:01 AM.
post #29 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
You can't prove a point that does not exist. Fact is that most of the type classes that you are trying to compete in are dominated by ford small blocks, or aftermarket big blocks that people think are chevrolet motors. If it's not like that in your particular area, then your area is the exception. Regardless of whether or not it is actually cheaper to build a chevrolet motor, it's obvious that they are not capable of getting the job done at the cost levels needed for most people. Which, again, is why most of that type of racing people do not use sbc's.
A point that doesn't exist? Cost surely exists, in everything and that's the whole issue here. You keep deflecting, bring up what you perceive as dominant forces in the class I am racing and they are not. I gave you the ground rules to begin with and you couldn't come up with a viable ford solution. Remember the ground rules? It a SMALL BLOCK / NITROUS CLASS.

There are a lot of BBC/ SBF turbo cars that run in outlaw radial. I don't race there. I race in a restricted 275 radial class. Why is that so hard to keep in mind? But as with everything, there are always exceptions, don't forget Shane Stack, SBC turbo, and wrecking shop on a radial.

Quote:
As far as the mustang platform is concerned, the only reason people in your type of racing would 'cross breed' one is because they don't know what they are doing, or they are blind loyal and trying to make a statement. Once racing reaches this level, stock suspension is long gone. They can call it stock all they want, but it's not even close. So, at this point anything can be the same for all makes. A camaro will require the same type of modifications, so there is no advantage to using a mustang for it's supposed 'superior' suspension. So why do they do it then? For reasons I just stated.
Did you even read this as you typed? Don't know what they are doing?!?!?!?! That's absolutely absurd! It's pretty funny in that tragic kind of way... These people know EXACTLY what they are doing. Mustangs are CHEAP, and they WORK, and there is a HUGE aftermarket for them. THAT'S why the mustang is used everywhere by some many different people. Think about it... Say you're staring over and building a new car, you can pick up a 4 cyl notch car for nothing, and for 1100-1200 bucks you can have suspension under it that rivals anything that's out there. (stock suspension wise) . And getting ot that, where you do see "stock suspension" not so stock is under GM cars. Must of the mustangs out there are just mini tubbed and have coil overs. The GM guys get pretty creative, but it takes all that to keep up with the mustang platform.

It seems to be very clear to me that you haven't spent very much time around this type of racing and looked under these cars.

Quote:
You got a hell of a deal if you bought a pair of new heads, intake, valve covers, and two Dominator carbs for $3000. The carbs alone would be minimum of almost $2000, not counting the other stuff. Unless you know of a source where anyone can get deals like that, don't try to use your luck to make a point that chevrolets are cheaper than fords to build. If you want to play that game, I know of a ford motor (351) that was bought for $500, put into a mustang that was 2950 pounds raceweight, and ran 10.20s on motor. Does that mean anyone anytime can buy or build a 351 put a 2950 pound mustang in the low 10s for $500?

I never said I got everything in the pic for 3K. I said the heads were 3K and the total package (heads,rockers, intake, valve covers, gaskets, spacers, carb linkage) I got for what it was going to cost me to buy a comparable set of ford heads and shaft rockers. As far as adding the carbs... that may be a little much, but I'm into the carbs for 850.00 that's it. Please rad again...

Go to bennet, go to TEA, go to WHOEVER and see what a set of BF 201's/ 202's, or Blue thunder 4.3's, or SC1's with titanium everything, set up for an inch of lift would run you. Then call Jesel and see what a rocker system will run ya. THAT IS AGAIN THE POINT HERE!!! COST!!!!!! I don't have ANYTHING against running ford stuff, nothing, zero, zilch. But for what I was going to spend, it was more cost efficient to do a chevy.

Again, the big difference here is you're thinking like a guy who runs 10's. This may sound a bit hash, and lame but it's a fact. How you address your standpoint shows very clearly in fact that you have ZERO idea of what it takes to make what I will refer to as "real power". I'm talking power well into the 4 digits. You don't have a clue. ESPECIALLY with a sb nitrous motor no matter what the brand. The air requirements and cost curve completely escapes you.

O.G. X275 racer
post #30 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Hey 5.0mustang5speed, I see you've taken out everything you've had to say... What happened? Can't stand behind what you have to say?

O.G. X275 racer
post #31 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Here's the prices from TEA and couple others. Now add the price of the rocker system.

http://www.totalengineairflow.com/pr...ead/brodbf200/

http://www.bennettracing.com/Engine%...%20CANTED.html

http://www.mbellc.com/drag_d3ford.html

O.G. X275 racer
post #32 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 PM

Dude, you are pissing into a hurricane! You'll never get him to concede to anything...it's not in his blood to ever admit he could be wrong about anything. I don't care what proof you show him, he'll come up with some excuse like, "Well, what I meant was cost per hp made." James
post #33 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
A point that doesn't exist? Cost surely exists, in everything and that's the whole issue here. You keep deflecting, bring up what you perceive as dominant forces in the class I am racing and they are not. I gave you the ground rules to begin with and you couldn't come up with a viable ford solution. Remember the ground rules? It a SMALL BLOCK / NITROUS CLASS.

There are a lot of BBC/ SBF turbo cars that run in outlaw radial. I don't race there. I race in a restricted 275 radial class. Why is that so hard to keep in mind? But as with everything, there are always exceptions, don't forget Shane Stack, SBC turbo, and wrecking shop on a radial.

I understand tat you are racing in a different class. What you fail to understand is the big picture. That is, if the sbf's are cutting the mustard in the faster classes than yours, they can do it in the slower class like your running in. Just because no one in your particular class is doing it doesn't mean it can't be done, and be done for less.

A prime example of this fact is the area I race in. You could prove to all the rednecks time after time after time that a ford is cheaper to build (we have done this many times already) and they will still refuse to believe it, and build a ford. Same thing with the football fans. Alabama has won more championships that Auburn ever will, yet there is no shortage of Auburn fans. Same thing applies to ford vs. chevrolet.

Quote:
Did you even read this as you typed? Don't know what they are doing?!?!?!?! That's absolutely absurd! It's pretty funny in that tragic kind of way... These people know EXACTLY what they are doing. Mustangs are CHEAP, and they WORK, and there is a HUGE aftermarket for them. THAT'S why the mustang is used everywhere by some many different people. Think about it... Say you're staring over and building a new car, you can pick up a 4 cyl notch car for nothing, and for 1100-1200 bucks you can have suspension under it that rivals anything that's out there. (stock suspension wise) . And getting ot that, where you do see "stock suspension" not so stock is under GM cars. Must of the mustangs out there are just mini tubbed and have coil overs. The GM guys get pretty creative, but it takes all that to keep up with the mustang platform.

It seems to be very clear to me that you haven't spent very much time around this type of racing and looked under these cars.
I've looked under these cars numerous times. Full tubbing or even mini tubbing, moving the shock locations, moving spring locations, etc. is not 'stock suspension'. Yet, that's exactly what has been done to these mustangs. Have any of these guys ever looked under a mid-late 60s Chevelle, late 70s Malibu, or a 3rd or 4th generation camaro or firebird? What do they all have in common? A rear suspension exactly like a fox body mustang. The same rules apply to all these cars and the same exact parts are available for all of them at roughly the same price. Matter of fact, the wheel base for a 3rd and 4th generation f-body is slightly shorter than the mustang. Ford does not have a special patent on the mustang type rear suspension, and they are not better than the cars I listed above. The reason they seem to work so well is because of the ford motors under the hood, not the suspension. I realise some of these chevrolet guys would love to believe otherwise, but that's the fact. It ain't the lighter body, or the suspension. It's the motor that makes it work.

Quote:
I never said I got everything in the pic for 3K. I said the heads were 3K and the total package (heads,rockers, intake, valve covers, gaskets, spacers, carb linkage) I got for what it was going to cost me to buy a comparable set of ford heads and shaft rockers. As far as adding the carbs... that may be a little much, but I'm into the carbs for 850.00 that's it. Please rad again...
Even if you just got the heads for $3000 you still got a hell of a deal very few people could find. You didn't get them that cheap because they are chevrolet heads, you simply got lucky. I've already looked at some sb2 head prices. The NASCAR take offs are over $2000. Then, you have all the porting and other labor. $3000 wouldn't be near enough, and you would still have a used pair of heads, not new like you have.

I've known lots of people who swap chevrolet motors into mustangs for the very reason you are doing. They are getting the parts cheaper because of some sort of connection they have. Some have rich friend who give or let them borrow entire motors and transmissions for as long as they want. If someone can get lucky like this, then by all means they should take advantage of it. But, the average person like me and many others don't have this kind of luck, so we run fords because they are cheaper to build when you don't have the 'hook up'.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
post #34 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Hey 5.0mustang5speed, I see you've taken out everything you've had to say... What happened? Can't stand behind what you have to say?
, i know what i know and i know that dollar per dollar , a ford will put down more power then the same chevy motor of equal size and parts, if you build a motor from all brand new stuff, and not a well i had a friend that knew someone that need some money so i got these heads for cheap deal..but brand new motor, you will have within 1000.00 of each other and the ford will walk all over the chevys..just look at nmra..if it was so much cheaper then every car in nascar and nmra..ihra would be chevy, but its not, enough said.

Last edited by 5.0mustang5speed; 08-17-2009 at 06:00 PM.
post #35 of 221 Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM

NMCA

All records are held by a chevy except one...street radial, which Ford holds.

Pro Street Vinny Budano Camaro
Pro Street Nostalgia Kevin Parent Nova
Prostock Skip Baskin Nova
Mean Street Don Baskin Nova
Super Street 10.5 Mike Yedgarian Trans AM
Xtreme Street Bill Trovatos Monza

and pulling up the rear

Street Radial John Macaluso Mustang

Would you like for me to research another racing organization to see if chevy can cut the mustard? You really have no clue, do you?

Oh there is one class Fords dominate...it's called the NMRA. Ha! Ha!
I am not bashing Ford. They are competitive, but to say they dominate and chevy can't make comparable power...well only someone who doesn't know much about racing would state something like that.
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement