Hey RACEALLDAY & the other Clown - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 203 Old 07-07-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Hey RACEALLDAY & the other Clown

The XTF ETrecord belongs to Jeff Nasier with a 4.075
The MPH record belongs to Todd Moyer at 193.88

Glidden ran a 4.079 Sorry about your luck. Nice research, but you're wrong


O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 203 Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Copy and paste straight from adrl.us

ADRL WORLD RECORDS

4.079 secs: Billy Glidden (05/23/09)
187.63 mph: Todd Moyer (03/07/09)

FAST FACT: Glidden has lowered the E.T. record at each of the last three races; Moyer increased his own speed record by 7.18 mph at the 2009 season opener in Houston

Unless they haven't updated their site very recently, what does this say ^

BTW name calling is so juvenile. Did you say you are 12 or 13?


88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)

Last edited by All Cleveland; 07-08-2009 at 06:52 PM.
All Cleveland is offline  
post #3 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Cleveland View Post
Copy and paste straight from adrl.us

ADRL WORLD RECORDS

4.079 secs: Billy Glidden (05/23/09)
187.63 mph: Todd Moyer (03/07/09)

FAST FACT: Glidden has lowered the E.T. record at each of the last three races; Moyer increased his own speed record by 7.18 mph at the 2009 season opener in Houston

Unless they haven't updated their site very recently, what does this say ^

BTW name calling is so juvenile. Did you say you are 12 or 13?
You need to check the results from the last race sweety!

Keep on swinging!!!!

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ht=adrl+record

Take it up with these guys! They are more in touch with the whole situation than I am... lol

However, Glidden has been a 4.04 but didn't back it up. But others were right there that night.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #5 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: hitch****,texas
Posts: 1,363
Whats it really matter,its all great racing and very close.

the cool thing is Glidden is doing it with ALOT less!!(400cube,single 4,nitrous)

i would surely hope the other guys run what he does or better.they all have 700 to 800 cube nitrous setups OR big blocks with turbos.these other cars make in excess of 2000hp and they cant run any faster than Glidden????

1964 Falcon....302/t5....slow right now...
ROG30Y is offline  
post #6 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered User
 
silver408coupe's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 994
So how much is BG spraying? Does he get a weight break? I think it's all relative. Isn't the tire still the limiting factor? IDK.

93' Hatch - Wife's toy
13' GT - Wife's DD -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

83' Capri- resurrecting an old Street Outlaw
silver408coupe is offline  
post #7 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
However, Glidden has been a 4.04 but didn't back it up. But others were right there that night.
Whether or not you back something up has no bearing on whether it actually happened or not. Even if others run just as fast or slightly faster they still haven't done anything since they have almost twice the motor he has.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
All Cleveland is offline  
post #8 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
I was merely pointing out the Glidden held the record in the ADRL Extreme 10.5.

Oh well, win 5, lose 1 race. Big deal. Knowing Glidden, he will more than make up for it later in the year. He is still way ahead in the points.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #9 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver408coupe View Post
Does he get a weight break? I think it's all relative. Isn't the tire still the limiting factor? IDK.
There is no weight minimum or cubic inch limit in the Extreme 10.5 class.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #10 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG30Y View Post

the cool thing is Glidden is doing it with ALOT less!!(400cube,single 4,nitrous)

i would surely hope the other guys run what he does or better.they all have 700 to 800 cube nitrous setups OR big blocks with turbos.these other cars make in excess of 2000hp and they cant run any faster than Glidden????
A point I have been making all along. The pro-Chevrolet people will come up with every excuse they can to try and explain why Glidden is winning. They do not want to admit it might have something to do with a FORD.

Back in the 80s, they said Bob was using nitrous excuse. When Billy ran Pro-5.0 in the NMRA and similar classes in other sanction bodies where power adders were allowed, they were all bitching about his car being too light even though it fit the rules for what he had.

Now what's their excuse?

He is dominating in a class where there is no weight minimum, no cubic inch maximum, and he is doing it with half the cubes and carburators.

Can't weight to see what they try next. Yoy can bet your bank they are already trying to figure a way to get him out of Extreme 10.5 as we speak.


1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #11 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Cleveland View Post
Whether or not you back something up has no bearing on whether it actually happened or not. Even if others run just as fast or slightly faster they still haven't done anything since they have almost twice the motor he has.
Actually, it does have a bearing on whether or not it happened.


See, if you race a car that has a Chevrolet bowtie somewhere on it, you only have to make one pass for it to count. But, if it's a Ford, it has to be multiple passes before it counts.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #12 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered User
 
johnlovett's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: cleveland mississippi
Posts: 580
GLIDDEN!! Thats my DOG!!!!!!

pro comp headed 347 pump gas LS1 killer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1965 comet cyclone....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
johnlovett is offline  
post #13 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered User
 
Nutzz's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (39)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 5,933
I like BG, does he still run that black GT?

TOO_NUTS Racing
N/A- Pump Gas- 408 Clevor - [email protected]
Best 60ft on stock type suspension 1.28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UPR UCA/ Megabyte lowers/ stock anti roll bar. No battle boxes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nutzz is offline  
post #14 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered User
 
8990mustang's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lynchburg VA.
Posts: 354
Gilddens da man.

GOT BOOST
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
8990mustang is offline  
post #15 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
A point I have been making all along. The pro-Chevrolet people will come up with every excuse they can to try and explain why Glidden is winning. They do not want to admit it might have something to do with a FORD.

Back in the 80s, they said Bob was using nitrous excuse. When Billy ran Pro-5.0 in the NMRA and similar classes in other sanction bodies where power adders were allowed, they were all bitching about his car being too light even though it fit the rules for what he had.

Now what's their excuse?

He is dominating in a class where there is no weight minimum, no cubic inch maximum, and he is doing it with half the cubes and carburators.

Can't weight to see what they try next. Yoy can bet your bank they are already trying to figure a way to get him out of Extreme 10.5 as we speak.

I'm not pro-chevy, or pro-ford for that matter.. I'm pro-power, and the most cost effective way I can get to an ET goal, under a set of rules for a class I run.

The "pro-ford/pro-chevy" guys get all wrapped around the axle about all this stuff is what makes me laugh... Do yo think for a second that if your boy thought he would run faster with something else under the hood it wouldn't be there because it wasn't a ford.. You're kidding yourself. Glidden is a racer, and a damn good one. If he choose to do it with another platform, he'd do just as well because he eats/sleeps/#####$ this stuff.

I don't care, I'm a radial racer, and that's what I follow, and the fastest man there runs a chevy, #2 runs a ford, and I don't see anyone really doing much better than the others. But the big common factor with a lot of them is the mustang platform. I would say the best damn stock suspension platform ever...

You swingers can keep waxing on about Glidden and his wonder sb, but the writing is on the wall, the others are getting the power to the ground and that doesn't bode will for Glidden.

I was talking with my buddy who's had a good look at Glidden's GTO, he was saying the thing doesn't have a radiator, has had bars cut out, and has some trick titanium stuff put to it to get the weight down.

All I have to say is wait until mobley's XTF car comes around... it's all over! Again, I have a good source, the 3000lb car went 4.09/195! Just sick..

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #16 of 203 Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzz View Post
I like BG, does he still run that black GT?
No

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #17 of 203 Old 07-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
Do yo think for a second that if your boy thought he would run faster with something else under the hood it wouldn't be there because it wasn't a ford.. You're kidding yourself. Glidden is a racer, and a damn good one. If he choose to do it with another platform, he'd do just as well because he eats/sleeps/#####$ this stuff.
Glidden would run faster if he used a bigger motor. I'm sure the old Boss hemi his dad used in pro-stock would do really well in that class. Add nitrous to it and he would have been running consistant 3s along time ago.

But Glidden is smarter than that. He wants to continue racing without getting banned from the class. He runs just fast enough to make his point. He will win a few, then back off and lose a couple. You can't dominate with a Ford outright because all the other non-ford racers will bitch, whine, and even refuse to race at some point. We have seen this happen multiple times. One local round track racer that runs the only Ford will lead the race until the last few laps, then back off and win 2nd place. Experience has taught him this. When you show up to a race and all the other racers in your class load their cars up in protest, then you know you've gone to far. That's the kind of idiots some of the pro chevrolet people are. Their blind loyalty won't allow them to swap to a Ford, so they act like a scorned 6 year old stomping their feet while bitching and whining because they can't get their way


Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
I was talking with my buddy who's had a good look at Glidden's GTO, he was saying the thing doesn't have a radiator, has had bars cut out, and has some trick titanium stuff put to it to get the weight down.
What's stopping the others in the class from doing this?

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #18 of 203 Old 07-10-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
Glidden would run faster if he used a bigger motor. I'm sure the old Boss hemi his dad used in pro-stock would do really well in that class. Add nitrous to it and he would have been running consistant 3s along time ago.
He would have already don't kid yourself. Bigger motor=more weight. He's found his sweet spot and it works for him right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
But Glidden is smarter than that. He wants to continue racing without getting banned from the class. He runs just fast enough to make his point. He will win a few, then back off and lose a couple. You can't dominate with a Ford outright because all the other non-ford racers will bitch, whine, and even refuse to race at some point. We have seen this happen multiple times. One local round track racer that runs the only Ford will lead the race until the last few laps, then back off and win 2nd place. Experience has taught him this. When you show up to a race and all the other racers in your class load their cars up in protest, then you know you've gone to far. That's the kind of idiots some of the pro chevrolet people are. Their blind loyalty won't allow them to swap to a Ford, so they act like a scorned 6 year old stomping their feet while bitching and whining because they can't get their way
Race without getting banned?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. lol He walked away from the other classes because they wouldn't let him race lite. HE was the one bitching... He found a place were he can race and not worry about anything.
BTW, who is this "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? You're just as blind as the other idiots. Blind brand loyalty is just as dumb no matter the manufacturer. You're proving that!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
What's stopping the others in the class from doing this?
Nothing. But I would imagine that those guys still race regular 10.5 outlaw stuff were you must weigh at least 3000lbs.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #19 of 203 Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy
Race without getting banned?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. lol He walked away from the other classes because they wouldn't let him race lite. HE was the one bitching... He found a place were he can race and not worry about anything.
What is this all about. I'm quite sure he didn't go to some decision maker for a class and say the rules state I have to weigh XXXX but my car weighs XXXX less, will you please let me run in this class anyway. I doubt very seriously he did that. And yes if a ford starts dominating in a class that has almost all chevys don't you think for a second that the rules won't get changed or penalties put on the ford to keep it from dominating. All race officials for multi-brand drag races know the general rule is if a chevy ain't in the winner's circle, bubba won't watch. They will do what it takes to keep bubba happy because he's the one buying the ticket to get in the gate. Ford dominates long enough=bubba stays at home because he won't watch a ford that must be "cheating".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy
Blind brand loyalty is just as dumb no matter the manufacturer. You're proving that!
Make sure you tell that to bubba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy
Nothing. But I would imagine that those guys still race regular 10.5 outlaw stuff were you must weigh at least 3000lbs.
Show me where it says this in the rules.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
All Cleveland is offline  
post #20 of 203 Old 07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered User
 
Raceallday1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Troy,Al, at work, in the shop, or at the track.
Posts: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
Race without getting banned?!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me. lol He walked away from the other classes because they wouldn't let him race lite.

He walked away because at the time he entered the sanctioning body, his car fit their rules. But, as usual, he wins a few races and the bitching by the other racers starts. He was gettng a huge weight break because he was using a nitrous motor. The rule makers thought (before Glidden) nitrous motors had a big disadvantage against the turbo and blower cars. So, he took advantage of the rules that were written and legally dominated the class. While the bitching continued, they had to change the rules so that meant he had to change his car. I would have said, "screw that" also. Why make the winner change? I say make the slower cars change. But, the rule makers don't see it that way.

Glidden does not enter in a class and define the rules. He enters in a class, follows the rules, wins a few races, they change the rules because of all the bitching, he finds somewhere else to race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
He found a place were he can race and not worry about anything.
Not worry about anything yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
BTW, who is this "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
"We" as in the other people I race with, go to races with, discuss racing, and building cars with. Who else would I be talking about?

All Cleveland used to be a tech at one of the local mud racing tracks. He can tell you just exactly how the blind loyal chevrolet idiots act when a Ford legally dominates a class. To the contrary, I have never seen or heard the Ford or Mopar guys whine and bitch when any other brand wins. Wonder why it seems like its always the chevrolet lovers? I know why, because they are spoiled little bitches who pitch a fit whenever they don't get something their way. Fair and equal racing to them have no meaning. Dale Earnhardt proved that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
But I would imagine that those guys still race regular 10.5 outlaw stuff were you must weigh at least 3000lbs.
So they run their cars in another class where there is no weight minimum, and allow Glidden to dominate because they don't want to bother to remove the weight? Yeah right. I bet that's what's happening.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.

Last edited by Raceallday1; 07-10-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Raceallday1 is offline  
post #21 of 203 Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceallday1 View Post
He walked away because at the time he entered the sanctioning body, his car fit their rules. But, as usual, he wins a few races and the bitching by the other racers starts. He was gettng a huge weight break because he was using a nitrous motor. The rule makers thought (before Glidden) nitrous motors had a big disadvantage against the turbo and blower cars. So, he took advantage of the rules that were written and legally dominated the class. While the bitching continued, they had to change the rules so that meant he had to change his car. I would have said, "screw that" also. Why make the winner change? I say make the slower cars change. But, the rule makers don't see it that way.

Glidden does not enter in a class and define the rules. He enters in a class, follows the rules, wins a few races, they change the rules because of all the bitching, he finds somewhere else to race.



Not worry about anything yet.....



"We" as in the other people I race with, go to races with, discuss racing, and building cars with. Who else would I be talking about?

All Cleveland used to be a tech at one of the local mud racing tracks. He can tell you just exactly how the blind loyal chevrolet idiots act when a Ford legally dominates a class. To the contrary, I have never seen or heard the Ford or Mopar guys whine and bitch when any other brand wins. Wonder why it seems like its always the chevrolet lovers? I know why, because they are spoiled little bitches who pitch a fit whenever they don't get something their way. Fair and equal racing to them have no meaning. Dale Earnhardt proved that.




So they run their cars in another class where there is no weight minimum, and allow Glidden to dominate because they don't want to bother to remove the weight? Yeah right. I bet that's what's happening.

Sounds like you have a "stupid is as stupid does" situation. And you're no better the the chevy idiots! You're a ford idiot... Same thing but a different emblem. If a ford legally dominates a class for some reason, then it'd be stupid not to build one, or find a way to make what you have work better.

To think that a ford motor is the end all be all is retarded, just as it is for any other make. There is power to be made with each make, and the smarter you are, the more power you're going to make, not because of the make, but because of the combination, bottom line. The trick is understanding the rules,and building to suit. That's it!

As far the XTF guys not "bothering" to take the weight out is again stupid. They've taken as much weight out as they can given the combination. IF could go lighter I'm sure it would be. The clock is ticking for your hero... then it will become an argument about "like what other's had to do to beat him" and all that horse #####. blah, blah, blah...

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #22 of 203 Old 07-12-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Case in point of XTF

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=151614

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #23 of 203 Old 07-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered User
 
Nutzz's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (39)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 5,933
Actually I was banned from a race for the same reasons almost. The local boys knew what my times were and the guy sponsoring the event refused to allow me to race. The owner of the track gave me a free trophy and allowed me to run as much as I wanted that day during the races. Anyways it does happen!
Oh 88GTguy that is some great times 5.31s very nice.

TOO_NUTS Racing
N/A- Pump Gas- 408 Clevor - [email protected]
Best 60ft on stock type suspension 1.28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UPR UCA/ Megabyte lowers/ stock anti roll bar. No battle boxes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nutzz is offline  
post #24 of 203 Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
If a ford legally dominates a class for some reason, then it'd be stupid not to build one, or find a way to make what you have work better.
Absolutely true but try getting the chevy guys to believe it. It'll never happen because their daddy and grandaddy told them all their lives that a ford couldn't beat a chevy unless it was cheating and they still believe it this day regardless of what they are shown otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
To think that a ford motor is the end all be all is retarded, just as it is for any other make.
Very true but again try getting the chevy guys to believe this about chevy motors. You'll get a ford guy to change brands WAY before you'll get a chevy guy to change to a ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
There is power to be made with each make, and the smarter you are, the more power you're going to make, not because of the make, but because of the combination, bottom line. The trick is understanding the rules,and building to suit. That's it!
This is absolutely right..........just like glidden does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
The clock is ticking for your hero... then it will become an argument about "like what other's had to do to beat him" and all that horse #####. blah, blah, blah...
It's been ticking for a long time. Glidden always has and always will be one step ahead of them because he's smarter than they are.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)

Last edited by All Cleveland; 07-13-2009 at 09:51 AM.
All Cleveland is offline  
post #25 of 203 Old 07-13-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
So you then agree the blind brand loyalty is dumb.. Then why bash a guy for building a chevy motor and putting it in a mustang if that what he feels is the best way to get down the track?

Makes zero sense...

I had a ford motor and a pretty quick one at that. But to step up, I was quoted from a few different places that heads were going to cost me anywhere from 6000-9000 dollars JUST for a set of assembled heads. No rockers, where I could get an entire top end for a chevy motor that will make just as much or more power for 6500. heads, valve covers, intake, rockers, head studs, valley tray and all gaskets. Seems like a no brainer to me!


The Glidden thing is a completely different story, there's no help for you there! lol The guy is smart, no doubt, but he's also been doing the "race lite" thing MUCH longer than the rest of the people he's racing and the competition is getting better at it everyday.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #26 of 203 Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
So you then agree the blind brand loyalty is dumb.. Then why bash a guy for building a chevy motor and putting it in a mustang if that what he feels is the best way to get down the track?

I won't necessarily bash somone for doing so. I will just tell them the same thing can be accomplished cheaper and easier with a ford motor in a ford car. What I will bash them for is bringing it here where it doesn't belong. For most here, it isn't wanted here. If this same thing happened at ls1tech, the thread would be immediately locked or deleted and if the person did it repeatedly, like your buddy has here, they would probably be banned quickly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
I had a ford motor and a pretty quick one at that. But to step up, I was quoted from a few different places that heads were going to cost me anywhere from 6000-9000 dollars JUST for a set of assembled heads. No rockers, where I could get an entire top end for a chevy motor that will make just as much or more power for 6500. heads, valve covers, intake, rockers, head studs, valley tray and all gaskets. Seems like a no brainer to me!
Seems to me you were talking to the wrong people or wanting to buy the wrong parts. If you know what you're doing with a ford motor it's cheaper to make more power with a ford than it is a chevy.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
All Cleveland is offline  
post #27 of 203 Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Cleveland View Post
Seems to me you were talking to the wrong people or wanting to buy the wrong parts. If you know what you're doing with a ford motor it's cheaper to make more power with a ford than it is a chevy.

I gotta hear this one! OK, the rules... no holds barred SMALL BLOCK nitrous motor. Any deck height, any heads, any number of stages.

Weight 3100
Stock rear suspension
275 radial tire.

So far I've been a [email protected] with my old ford motor. A ford motor that had 1 plate and 2 foggers. That motor was 25,000 to build. Now, I'm looking to make 4.90 power in same configuration. I know what I'm going to spend (roughly) for my new one.

Go!

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #28 of 203 Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Let me make sure I have this right first. It must be a small block. Is that right?

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
All Cleveland is offline  
post #29 of 203 Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Cleveland View Post
Let me make sure I have this right first. It must be a small block. Is that right?

Yes, a SMALL BLOCK

Go!

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #30 of 203 Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtguy View Post
Yes, a SMALL BLOCK

Go!

Oh- and nitrous

Go!

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #31 of 203 Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The best place in the world
Posts: 2,990
Ok this will take a little while for me to do some price research so give me a little while, maybe a few days. I've been busy at work and at home.

88 coupe, 351 cleveland, unported 4V heads, buddy rawls custom solid roller, diamond domes, 6'' h-beam rods, stock 4bolt block/crank, holley strip dominator, 950HP holley, hoosier 28x10, 90/10s, UPR pro rear kit
nonstroked, stock iron heads and NO NITROUS!!!!!!!!
[email protected] / [email protected] (1/8th)
All Cleveland is offline  
post #32 of 203 Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: hitch****,texas
Posts: 1,363
88GTGUY... are you running a bluethunder headed setup right now??

1964 Falcon....302/t5....slow right now...
ROG30Y is offline  
post #33 of 203 Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: hitch****,texas
Posts: 1,363
Also another question,are you limited on the chevy small blocks to keeping a similar port layout or are you allowed to use a Ford style head on the chevy?

1964 Falcon....302/t5....slow right now...
ROG30Y is offline  
post #34 of 203 Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG30Y View Post
88GTGUY... are you running a bluethunder headed setup right now??
No, my last motor had a set of CFE Pro-Kings on it. I do have a set of Brodix Neals sitting on a shelf, but they are BF 200's and aren't going to move enough air to make the power I'm looking for due to valve spacing. It would be a different story if I had the 201's, I wold be able to copy the type of combination Sam Vincent had.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
post #35 of 203 Old 07-15-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG30Y View Post
Also another question,are you limited on the chevy small blocks to keeping a similar port layout or are you allowed to use a Ford style head on the chevy?
It's a do what you want as long as it's a SB. If I wanted to spend the money I could build a billet 4.5 bore space small block and have a 500+ CI thing.

So there are no restrictions to a cylinder head.

O.G. X275 racer
1.17 60' [email protected] with the angry peanut!
1.16 60' [email protected] on 1 gun (In testing)
88gtguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Kurt, explain S&W logic to me. Snaps Lounge 18 01-22-2008 06:16 PM
State of the Union: 3 minutes and I'm tired of listening to this clown texsn95 Politics 57 02-03-2006 12:25 PM
raceallday are you green light? mustangmatt18 351C/Big Block Engine Tech 4 01-13-2004 07:27 PM
Flaming Clowns. This is about the flaming river clown employes 92CarbedNotch General Mustang Tech 14 09-10-2003 12:01 PM
New guy saying hey, & a magnaflow ques... 00blkvert GT & SOHC 10 03-16-2002 09:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome