Ford Mustang Forums banner

Indy Hangout - The Good, the Bad, the Fast.

398K views 10K replies 81 participants last post by  Venomous1 
#1 ·
Time to start a new thread. :evilgrin:

Kyle

#4 ·
Well Saturday was L O N G day going to bowling green started at 4:30 am and got home around midnight. Good Time with John H. and Justin, thanks to justin for driving. Never got to go on a long trip sitting in a truck that felt like I was sitting on a couch. Still can't believe a F250 diesel can get that good of mileage, makes me start thinking of new daily. Got down there and Frank hooked me up with a tarp to sell some stuff and sold a couple wheels in the first 5 minutes, so the cash started out good. Checking out all the race cars and seeing some awesome engineering involved in the cars was amazing. Watched the Termy vs GT500 and larry's quick out of the hole , but something went wrong at the big end. Seeing that termy in DSG go to the back bumper and then slam down hard was unbelievable. Talking to Chris, Carlo's, Chris wahl, and others at Larry's pits. Chris Wahl your still crazy with that new project. Also enjoyed looking at the cars and yes the women with the big ....well extremely tight shirts.

#5 ·
BG did not go as I had planned. Never made a clean pass. Here is the quick rundown.

Tnt Friday morning - Blew the tires off 2.04 60' and 11.0@134
Rd 1 Qual Friday night - hooked so hard the crotch strap caught the seat adjuster and slide the side all the way back. Had to drive down the track slouched a little just to get the pedals clean. Shut it down going into forth because it was crazy lean...battery light on.... 1.406 60' 10.42 @115 - new rebuild alternator TOAST!!!!
Found a few spares from other racers and stuck one on. Started the car and it was charging and there was no unusual noises or rattles coming from the motor.
Rd 2 Qual Sat noonish - gave it too much on the line and spun a little 1.52 60" Car started breaking up in second - lean - lifted and tried again and same result. Abandoned the pass and the weekend at that point.

The alternator that I run is 220 A and the one on the car was likely 110-130 A. Just dont think there was enough there to support the setup and tune. Still hoping the motor is safe. Pulled the plugs and all looked good. Going to get the alternator issue straightened out and go from there. Very disappointing because the air was INCREDIBLE and the track was hooking HARD! I really think the weekend would have produced a 9.6x @ 140 if I did not have electrical issues.

Tim Holt was on a mission. Put his Kurgan tuned, E85, stock unported blower, stock irs, stock 6 speed in the tens with a 10.89 @ 127. The car was sixtying in the mid 1.5s.

Also pleased to see Jeremy Stewart take his vert to a new PB of 10.53 and backed it up in the first pass of TS with a 10.59. He was beaten out of the 11 sec class win with a 11.019 average to his 11.029 average of 3 passes.

LT

#6 ·
Good evening all.

Standing in the cold freezing rain Friday night at my son's football game was one of the more miserable experiences of my adult life. I had not dressed for the occasion at all - jeans, casual shoes and a light jacket.

Saturday our youth travel football team advanced in the playoffs to the semi-championship down in Brown County on Saturday. Should be a good game.

After football season ends I'm going to need to replace the heater core in Caleb's '70 mustang. Since it was orginally an A/C car I've heard replacing the core is a 10 hour job, but I hope they are wrong. I just can't imagine how it would be THAT bad. Knowing my luck with working on cars though it will be much worse.

#7 ·
Happy Monday... BG was fun as usual.. Ate way to many Spiked cherries Friday night.. so Saturday was a drag... but picked up some good deals on some new parts for the Widebody..

#10 ·
Good morning everyone!

Back in the office today.

Matt - I have the UPR extreme double adjustable uppers, baseline double adjustable lowers, baseline street ARB, UPR Coilover, Strange 10way shocks, and Racecraft LCA brackets. The front is full UPR with Strange 10-way struts.

LT

#18 ·
Afternoon everyone!

Just spent the morning in the warehouse helping with inventory count. Kind of nice to do something stressfree!

LT

#19 · (Edited)
I was hoping to go to the NMCA event this weekend, but I can't seem to shake this drainage and cough

For the fox body owners here - A vendor at bowling green was Foxresto.com which has NOS and reproduction fox body parts. They are starting to make interior parts.

Hey frank got any good condition black or 89 GT grey consoles. Another thing I should of kept, I picked up a couple delete panels from Scott Rod. One of them is installed after cutting off the console after of the shifter.

#22 ·
Good morning everyone!

I sure wish I took today off to spend at NMCA. It looks like it is going to be a good day for racing. I am heading out tomorrow and taking the lil man with me. The weather should be great and going to get him his first experience at the track. Plus Uncle T is running TS and shooting for the 11 sec overall win.

LT

#27 ·
Lordy lordy that is a long day! Was it that important that it end in that session, no chance to continue the next day or at a later date?

Were you the Mediator or representing?

After 8 hours, can you bill for double and triple time? That would be AWESOME! :leghump:

#26 ·
Good morning everyone!

Brian - that had to be awful!!!

Out in the plant today supporting a new product launch. At least it is going smoothly...so far.

Took Gage to a pumpkin patch on Sat and another one in Sunday. We all had a great time but it is crazy to how fast he is growing.

LT

#28 ·
Stev-O unfortunately in family law if you try to do it over 2 days you end up losing any progress at all that was made in day 1, because after that first day one or both of the parties will talk to their mom, brother, aunt or neighbor who's been divorced who will tell them they are getting screwed. I have had some cases mediate over two days but that's generally because we're at an impasse anyway.

I was representing the wife in the mediation. I wish I could charge double or triple time, instead I could only bill my 19 hours out at my measly $350/hr rate. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.