Mod friendly dealerships in HR? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2002, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mod friendly dealerships in HR?

Thanks for the posts to the P&P thread.

What do the local dealerships think about mods?

I bought my car out of state and I haven't had the need to bring the car in for anything yet. I was thinking about adding some JBA shorties (don't want to press my luck with LT's while I'm still under warranty), Magnaflow catback, and some pulleys. The JBA shorties come emmission certified and I can pull the chip and swap the stock h-pipe back in about an hour. Anyone know of a dealership that would not void my warranty with the shorties, pulleys, and catback?

Thanks

2001 Mustang GT (5spd)
Kenne Bell Twin-screw Supercharger (9lb)
Kenne Bell Cold Air Kit, 90mm MAF, 75mm TB
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Magnaflow cat-back
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Bullit Style Front Brakes (13")
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
420rwhp/460rwtq

2004 Dodge SRT-4 for my daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2002, 06:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (10)
You should be able to go to any dealer you want. Legally a dealership cannot deny warranty due to "aftermarket products" that were installed on a vehicle. They can only deny warranty if lets say you installed a supercharger on your stang, you took the car to the dealer complaining of a miss. They find out after diagnosis that you melted a piston and have 100% proof that your "aftermarket supercharger" caused the failure. Then and ONLY then can they deny warranty. Since you have minor mods on your car and you go in lets say for a power door lock switch not working, they CANNOT deny warranty. I currently work at a ford dealer in delaware, so I have to know this type of stuff.

Darin

Feedback

https://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=707010
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2002, 03:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I hear Bowditch Ford in Newport News does really good work. Ask for Glenn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-31-2002, 04:14 PM

Last edited by Rob03; 05-31-2002 at 04:17 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-31-2002, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by frdfandc
You should be able to go to any dealer you want. Legally a dealership cannot deny warranty due to "aftermarket products" that were installed on a vehicle. They can only deny warranty if lets say you installed a supercharger on your stang, you took the car to the dealer complaining of a miss. They find out after diagnosis that you melted a piston and have 100% proof that your "aftermarket supercharger" caused the failure. Then and ONLY then can they deny warranty. Since you have minor mods on your car and you go in lets say for a power door lock switch not working, they CANNOT deny warranty. I currently work at a ford dealer in delaware, so I have to know this type of stuff.

Darin
I agree with what you have said. They probably would not even open the hood for a door lock problem, however if you went in for a miss or some other weird problem like a clunking noise, they can and have made the lives miserable for many a person. Lets just say let the buyer (insert modder) beware. It is legal to mod your car and there has to be proof that this caused the problem, but how many people can take the months of litigation it would take to prove this one way or the other. These are just thoughts and not real case things I'm talking about here so don't flame me with all of the Magnuson-Moss act things.

Cheers,
Robert
post #6 of 6 Old 06-13-2002, 05:15 PM

My roommate works as AR clerk for Bowditch, and was their warranty manager for about half of last year while the usual one was away on maternity leave. They're a pretty good bunch, and the majority of the techs have modified rides -- some of them heavily. One of the guys has a low nine second fox he keeps in the back. As long as your mod didn't actually cause the problem, you should be OK.

Chuck

"There are only three true sports in the world -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and automobile racing. The rest are just childrens games played by adults." -- Hemingway
93 Mustang LX 5.0, 83 Honda GL650 Silverwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement