Any Mustang Friendly Shops in the Ocean City area? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2007, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Any Mustang Friendly Shops in the Ocean City area?

Folks,

I just bought an '89 Fox GT ragtop last week. I'm doing my darnedest to make it to the cruise in Ocean City, but have one mechanical problem I can't get fixed here at home in time; my brake booster must have a pinhole in the diaphragm. I get a lot of pedal travel before any real braking. It's safe to drive, but I need to get this fixed, since Fox brakes even in perfect working condition can be scary. I'd rather lose my car for a few hours up there than be totally bored waiting on it here at home. So, if anyone knows of a shop they'd trust (quality and $$) in the OC area, I'd appreciate it if you could post their shop name/location, etc.

Thanks, and hope to see a bunch of you there!

Jerry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
First off that does not sound like a brake booster to me. 2nd there are a few shops in oc but not any that are mustang specific. I know that there is a shop at costal highway and 50 at the shell station (he is the guy who sells the cam 2 and vp c16 during cruise week), and a shop on 9th or 10th street on costal and another one on 72 street (sorry i dont have there numbers though.) What day are you coming down?

90 GT, Just the average, R blocked 331,X-trim, AFR 205's, solid roller, spyder intake.....Street Car
95 COBRA, (Keeps the wife happy) with a 331, B41hr, Victor Jr. heads, systemax intake, and 10 lbs. from a S-trim.
(and a bunch of other stuff thats not a mustang)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2007, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Thanks for the reply. I'm heading out real early tomorrow morning and it's 190 miles door-to-door for me, so I should be there by about 8:00 AM - no traffic to deal with.

I did manage to get a local shop to replace the booster and MC today. All that work, and the freakin' brakes are no better. This one just makes no sense. Shoes and drums are good, the rear adjusters are working, the front rotors are good, and brand new pads up front, but tons of brake pedal travel before there's any real braking. Now I'm wondering if there's a vacuum issue. I really like this cars, but this is truely tickin' me off.

Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement