Time for a SCT custom tune..shops in VA?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-04-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (19)
Time for a SCT custom tune..shops in VA??

Well it is time for my tune. I use SCT tunning..I need opinions on shops in Va to go to.

Please let me know of shop names and if you actually had work done there.

I know of Steen, and have called them for prices, but I am looking for others as well.

I am 45 mins west of Richmond Va.

Thanks-David

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Performance Autosport
http://www.performanceautosport.com
804-784-8851

I've had all kinds of work done there...
C/C plate installs, PI Intake Swap, SCT Tuning, etc.

96 GT / 4R70W to 3650 swap, some metal tubing, Recaro'd, and slightly Griggs'd.
Thanks to my sponsor Performance Autosport!
post #3 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 03:11 PM

Talk to Ed Clark @ Steen Racing Norfolk Va

2001 Built P-1SC Cobra-5spd-Zinc Yellow 500+ RWHP/TQ, CP pistions, Eagle H beam, TR-6 plugs, 03/04 pumps, 60lb inj, KB BAP, SCT 2600, Anderson Power pipe, Basaani Mid Length Headers-Catted X-Cat back, RPS flywheel, Spec 3 Clutch,MGW, Bilsteins, MM Chrome CC Plates,H&R SS,BBS RK Plasmas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

I have already done that, I am looking for the oppinions of people who have actually had work done by the shops.

I guess what Im saying is, I can tell you I can do the tune to your car, and that im good, but it's satisfied customers that I am trying to find.

THanks for the responces

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

Trader Feedback: (13)
call the shops you are interested in and ask if they could give you some contact info you some past customers
also check out excessive motorsports in northern Va but have your car ready if you go there the tuner acted like a little bitch when i went there and wanted him to change blower pulleys
post #6 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 04:07 PM

Also check out MAS in Virginia Beach and DTP(dyno tuned performance) in Chesapeake. I had my gears for my 95 GT put in at MAS but that's it. Never been to DTP but I hear they're decent. I had my 01 Cobra tuned by Ed a couple weeks ago. He was very help in telling me what he was doing and why things read what they did before he fixed them. Plus you cant beat their price IMO. I was very satisfied with Ed and Steen. Hope this helps.

2001 Built P-1SC Cobra-5spd-Zinc Yellow 500+ RWHP/TQ, CP pistions, Eagle H beam, TR-6 plugs, 03/04 pumps, 60lb inj, KB BAP, SCT 2600, Anderson Power pipe, Basaani Mid Length Headers-Catted X-Cat back, RPS flywheel, Spec 3 Clutch,MGW, Bilsteins, MM Chrome CC Plates,H&R SS,BBS RK Plasmas
post #7 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

ouch Performance Autosport is high $800-$1,000 for a tune
post #8 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

i just talked to Steen, they seem like they know whats going and dont mind answering questions on the phone and their price is alot better than i have received get . i think i am going trailer my car down there when i get the new motor broken in
post #9 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Steen is where I was planning on going, but I wanted to make sure I knew all of my options first.

My buddy had Steen do his custom headers for his turbo'd fox, and he was satisfied.
What did they quote you for a tune?

I didnt realize you were across the Mountain...you should come over to C'ville sometime.

post #10 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen313
Also check out MAS in Virginia Beach and DTP(dyno tuned performance) in Chesapeake. I had my gears for my 95 GT put in at MAS but that's it. Never been to DTP but I hear they're decent. I had my 01 Cobra tuned by Ed a couple weeks ago. He was very help in telling me what he was doing and why things read what they did before he fixed them. Plus you cant beat their price IMO. I was very satisfied with Ed and Steen. Hope this helps.
Ive heard good things about ED

post #11 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

I just called and talked to Steve. Looks like I will be going to Steen also

post #12 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface
Steen is where I was planning on going, but I wanted to make sure I knew all of my options first.

My buddy had Steen do his custom headers for his turbo'd fox, and he was satisfied.
What did they quote you for a tune?

I didnt realize you were across the Mountain...you should come over to C'ville sometime.
they qouted me $575-$600 which is a hell of a deal.. Excessive and Springfield wanted anywhere from $750-$1,000 plus my car will be done in a few hours with Steen .Excessive wanted me to leave it there overnight.
where is eveybody cruising at in C-ville ? i dont get over the mountain that much anymore

do you run at Eastide speedway ?????

Last edited by night stalker50; 07-12-2006 at 05:53 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by night stalker50
they qouted me $575-$600 which is a hell of a deal.. Excessive and Springfield wanted anywhere from $750-$1,000 plus my car will be done in a few hours with Steen .Excessive wanted me to leave it there overnight.
where is eveybody cruising at in C-ville ? i dont get over the mountain that much anymore

do you run at Eastide speedway ?????
They mostly cruise 29n near barrack rd, or go to H'burg.

Yea they told me most case $675(I have a blue SCT chip, they want red). They didnt think my combo would make that much power because of my stock heads, but I need it tuned regardless.I was hoping for 400, but they dont think it will be much over 300 ..I have owned it for a year, and have driven it 3 times since I brought it home.

I havent run at eastside in years, we normally do summerduck.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

yeah he told me 475- 500 rwhp with my new combo. i didnt wanna say anything but i was putting that down with my old combo 302 with Ebrock heads ,B cam and TFs street heat intake i am expecting every bit of 525 -550 rwhp. i think you will see more than 300 rwhp maybe 350-375
when i get my car tuned i willhave to hit up C ville
btw you ever fool around in Elkton there is some baddddddddd street cars in that town
post #15 of 15 Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

I was hopping for 375+ I talked to the prior owner and stock with just the blower @ 5psi he laid down 255/312. I have added all the rest of the stuff and now @ 12psi.

We will see I guess....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement