Machine shop Baltimore area? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-06-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Machine shop Baltimore area?

Can anyone suggest a machine shop in or around Baltimore? I've done a search and came up with a few but I have no idea who's competent.........

I've only been here for 1.5 years so I'm not familiar with any. I have a 92 LX and the motor's getting tired and I'm looking at picking up an engine kit and having a shop do the machine and assembly of the shortblock.

If anyone has any experience with local shops please post it up, good or bad. I'm up near Aberdeen so N.E. MD is prefered but anywhere around Baltimore works too. Or Southern PA for that matter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
US Army Retired

Trader Feedback: (20)
Do a search on this site- racersden.net.

I have heard of a place called Mancini machine shop, andthere is a place out by BWI(Hanover) I believe its called Jacksons Machine shop. I haven't used either but here good things about them from several locals I know.

94 GT
post #3 of 6 Old 12-17-2005, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Bringing this back to life. Still looking for more machine shops. Something Northeast of Baltimore preferably. South eastern PA or DE would work too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Alot of locals in the area (including myself) use Phils Machine Shop in Quincy,Pa. It's just North of Greencastle,Pa. He's been in business for years, has fair prices and high quality work. He's very knowledgable with Ford engines from SBF's to FE's. I'll hopefully have him doing the work on a Stroker 414" Windsor this Spring(whenever I get enough coin together!!)....

Tater

2 69 Stangs Vert/Hardtop,79 351C Minitubbed 9 sec tagged street car,92 LX 5.0,02 F250 XLT 4X4
post #5 of 6 Old 12-19-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

That sounds promosing. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a kit and have my block machined and if that'll really save any money versus buying a shortblock from DSS or CHP or someone else.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-20-2005, 04:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Phil is a dealer for CHP with good pricing. His # is 717-749-7201 if you'd want to give him a call.
Tater

2 69 Stangs Vert/Hardtop,79 351C Minitubbed 9 sec tagged street car,92 LX 5.0,02 F250 XLT 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement