The Power Source Rip-Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-14-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
The Power Source Rip-Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got baited and switched!

Has anyone else out there been ripped off by The Power Source out of South Carolina? Their web page: http://www.the-power-source.com/ (which is now turned off or broken) had a page: http://www.the-power-source.com/t5_transmission.htm which listed T-5 rebuild kits for sale. They listed a World Class 94 piece rebuild kit for $125. I called their phone number: 1-800-542-6018. To make sure the price was right. The guy said yes, they sold a World Class T-5 94 piece rebuild kit for $125. All I needed to tell him was if it was for a Ford or Chevy. I thought great! I need it and I'll order it today. I went to give him my credit card and he said his machine was broken, but to send a check and it would only delay the kit a few more days. So, April 05, 2005 I sent a check for $135.45 for the kit. Over a month later the "kit" arrived. I had repeatedly called and he said it was on backorder, so I kept letting him slide. The kit contained only 48 parts, no bearings, no seals.... Just some synchros and snap rings, shims and other stuff I'm not sure of. I called back, he said to send back the kit as the shipping guy must have sent the wrong kit and he would refund my shipping cost and send out the kit. Well!!! It's now August 14, 2005 and I still don't have a kit or a refund. I have called repeatedly, he said he ordered it from a shop in Sacramento and it should arrive two weeks ago to my house by DHL. I called DHL and they had no record of it being shipped out at all. I called Power Source back and he said if the kit did not come by Tues two week ago that he would send my money back. Guess what? No kit, no money. Kept calling back and he said the check would get to me last week. No check. Called Friday and he said it will get to me next week 15-19 Aug. I bet no check will come. Call him up and ask how much a kit is and how long it will take to get.

Some of their come ons: THE, POWER SOURCE, Serving the Ford Performance Enthusiast Since 1987, 800-542-6018. 8.8 Mustang 31 and 33 spline spool kits, $549.95. ... Mustang Mass Air Meters, 73mm, $139.95. 76mm Plain, $179.95. 76mm with Pipe, $249.95. 4.6 80mm Mass Air Meters with. K&N Filter and Heatshield. $269.95. The Power ... he Power Source. 800-542-6018. NATIONS LOWEST PRICES. LET US PROVE IT. CALL TODAY! ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement