dyno tune in maryland - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-08-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
dyno tune in maryland

ANyone know a place that will do a dyno tune in md on a modified 5.0? ALso aroudn how much is it? Thanks

88 Mustang GT - sold
93 lx - sold
00 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
If you're near the woodrow wilson bridge, the closest place I know is Manassas, Va. Excessive Motorsports. Talk to Torey.

Not sure of prices, but they are pretty good guys.

STAY AWAY from Springfield Motorsports. The nightmares I've heard with them--they'll run your car all day long unnecessarily and charge you for it. $$$$$$

95GT Vert; Do you want a list of whats in my garage or whats actually on my car?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-08-2005, 06:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarddog II
If you're near the woodrow wilson bridge, the closest place I know is Manassas, Va. Excessive Motorsports. Talk to Torey.

Not sure of prices, but they are pretty good guys.

STAY AWAY from Springfield Motorsports. The nightmares I've heard with them--they'll run your car all day long unnecessarily and charge you for it. $$$$$$
Thats where I got my tune done. You could also go up to Kauffmans in PA, www.kauffmanmotorsports.com

2003 GT 4R70W
-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-09-2005, 05:12 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I got mine done at Booze Brothers. It's in PA though, but only a few miles over the line right off of I-81. Prices about 2 years ago were 75 for 3 pulls, 250 for 4 hours, and 500 for 8 hours.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
From Indian Head, you have a long haul where ever you go. I had some work done at Excessive... good guys and good work!

SOLD - '99 Rio Red Cobra - Born 5/18/99 #2678 of 4040
SCAMMER - JOEL LAWHONE AKA COOLDOGG
13125 N. El Frio St
El Mirage, AZ 85335
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-13-2005, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
well i called Kauffmans, about 325 for chip and 100 dollars every hour (about 2) to tune the car. NOw a guy at my work knows someone at crofton and they said they will do it for 650 but they will be hooking it up to a computer (drilling another hole in my exhaust for the oxygen sensor) and testing it up and down the road. THey also want to adjust the fuel pressure and the timing and all that. THey are going to use a sct chip and the tuner's name is herman. Appearantly he has been around for years and is real good. which one should i go with?

88 Mustang GT - sold
93 lx - sold
00 Mustang GT

Last edited by gtmustang88; 07-13-2005 at 07:45 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-18-2005, 09:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Well Total Performance in Mt Airy has a Mustang dyno and is an authorized SCT dealer so why not look them up. They did my SCT install for my truck and an XCalibrator in my friends 2003 Mustang GT. No sense in pretending to be able to tune unless you have a mustang dyno or at the least a dynapack.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-18-2005, 11:07 AM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Quote:
THey are going to use a sct chip and the tuner's name is herman. Appearantly he has been around for years and is real good. which one should i go with?
Sounds like he doesn't have a dyno. Its "Horsepower by Herman". He has a good reputation, and has been around awhile. But I think Kauffmann's is better. I'd go with Kauffmann's...but that's just me.

95GT Vert; Do you want a list of whats in my garage or whats actually on my car?
post #9 of 10 Old 07-21-2005, 10:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (33)
That Crofton shop is Horsepower by Hermann and he is one of the best tuners around. He does a lot of really big HP 03/04 Cobra's. He is a street tuner. You need the bung welded into your exhaust for the wide band O2. I would'nt try a tail pipe sniffer if you want a good tune. Hermann uses a $4500 Horiba Wide band (the most accurate made) and data logs your car under real driving conditions with a laptop. He does very safe tunes with great power and probably one of the best for streetability. Clubs all around the country get together 10 or 15 guys needing tunes and fly him in for a weekend to do his thing. His own personal car is a 10 second 03 KB that he pioneered the 4r70w automatic converison on and lifts the wheels on launch with impeccable street manners. Hermann is absolutely one of the best in the country. Nothing against Dave or Torey.

Oh Yeah, Hermann hangs out on Modularfords.com if you want to get a hold of him.

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 07-21-2005 at 10:39 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM
US Army Retired

Trader Feedback: (20)
You also have Flowers performance and a place called Heffnershere in the GB and Crofton area, I've heard good and bad about both. Check out racersden.com its a site filled witha bunch of locals.

Chris

94 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement