FS-SVTOA Drag Day 11/8/03 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
FS-SVTOA Drag Day 11/8/03

Mark your calendar! FS-SVTOA is having a Drag Day at 75-80 Dragway November 8th.

When: Saturday, November 8, 10:00AM-3:00PM
Where: 75-80 Dragway , Monrovia, MD (www.7580dragway.com)
Who: Any Ford-powered / Ford family vehicle
Cost: $20 for any Ford-powered racer; $15 for FS-SVTOA members
Classes:
Bracket class, street tires
Bracket class, drag radials
Heads-up

There will also be a sign-up sheet for GRUDGE MATCHES!

About FS-SVTOA: FS-SVTOA is the Free State (Maryland) chapter of Ford's Special Vehicle Team Owners Association. See our web site at www.freestatesvtoa.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 10:21 AM

any rules or prizes for the race classes?

99 Cobra, live axle, 4.56 gears,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on 26x10x15 Hoosiers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies will be awarded.

As far as rules...judging from your car's mods you know a heck of a lot more about drag racing than I do... The Bracket classes are handicapped. Racers will pick their dial-in time during the time trials. The tree will be adjusted to equalize the two cars racing (slowest leaves first). If you beat your dial-in you are disqualified. Otherwise, first to cross the line wins. Now, being a novice at this I probably missed something. Let me know and I'll get an answer.

Heads-up class is simple - no handicap, first to cross the line wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 02:55 PM

rules for bracket cars are easy, because you are running a dail in. A 12 second car can beat a 10 second car.

In heads up class, everything changes, from engine mods to minimum weights to tire sizes. Sounds like a nice event, but I like to know my chances of winning before I show up, lol.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

I'll race ya. Let's see...can't get traction, either bog down or spin for 2.2 seconds, and with a completely stock car I can't beat 14.4 at 75-80, so...(calculating)...your odds would be approximately 100%...give or take.

Har!

Seriously...it's all just for fun...get a few (more than a few?) runs in, hang out with the other motorheads for (the last?) weekend of the season. I hope you'll consider coming out.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 08:45 PM

yeah, I may. depends on my schedule. It's about 3 hours from me, but like an hour from my parents. I haven't seen them for a while, so I may head up there that weekend.

Winning is great, but having fun is more important.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 PM

BTW, you never know in racing, I've had my share of 16 second time slips as well as a 20 second one once....

99 Cobra, live axle, 4.56 gears,

on 26x10x15 Hoosiers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement