SSOTN Spring Nats At Cecil County Dragway - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-07-2003, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (34)
SSOTN Spring Nats At Cecil County Dragway

It's that time of year again The Super Stallions Of The Net Spring Nationals will once again be held at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD on April 12, 2003. Many of you have been in there in the past and know how much fun this is. We will be running test and tune all day and our popular Grudge Run format in the afternoon! There are plenty of Grudges already set up with more to come. The racing will be intense!

Price for the event is $50 PrePaid Only. There are No Walk Ins Allowed this year as there have been in the past so that we can keep the number of cars to a manageable level and so that everyone can get in an unlimited number of passes. In order to participate you should sign up to become A SSOTN Member (click here to join for free). We are limiting the racer amount to 125 cars. We will also have a small car show for a $10 fee. There is a $5 spectator/crew fee required by Cecil County Dragway, racers/show cars are not required to pay the $5 fee, they are covered by the pre-pay racing fee. Refreshment stands will be open all day. There will also be a photographer on site to take pictures of our cars. They will be for sale just like at E-Town and other major events.

We have blocked off plenty of hotel rooms. As usual there will be a party suite at the hotel with plenty of beer both nights. There will be a buffet style dinner Friday night and a catered dinner on Saturday night. To sign up to race or to book your hotel room, please see our SSOTN Racing Series Information Page.

See you at the track!!

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
9.75 @141.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-07-2003, 10:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
RdRunnr,
I was just wondering if you had an idea of how many spots were still open? I have gone to 5 of these events and would like to participate in another one. If you could find out, that would be great man, thanks.

By the way, you had a great write up in 5.0 Mustang.

-Billy

post #3 of 7 Old 03-07-2003, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Billy

Last time I checked we were about 65% full so there are still a good number of spots left. Once we get down to less then a month (which happens next week) the spots usually go pretty quickly. A lot of people wait until it gets close because they are lazy and many others just want to make sure their cars are done in time. Stop by and say hello this time

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
9.75 @141.18

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-07-2003, 10:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
RdRunnr,
Thanks for the info man. I was going to say hello at the last SSOTN in the fall, when you did another HG in, but I decided that you were pretty busy trying to figure out a way to get your car home so I didn't want to bother you. I was with James (oldguy) off of MW. I will definitely come by and say hi next time though.

I am really not sure right now if I am going to race my car. It is burning oil like a Mack truck burns diesel fuel. It isn't really bad until I get on it really hard, and then it smokes like crazy. It sucks. I am pretty sure the rings are shot and is causing a lot of blow-by, so I got to do something this winter about a fresh engine. I am thinking a 306 with a 150 to 200 shot. I would like to go low 11's with a very streetable car. We will see. I am going to see what I can do to stop it from smoking, so I will let you know if I am going to sign up. Take it easy man. Once again, thanks.

-Billy
post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (1)
Talking

RdRunnr, What if I just want to show my car, can I just walk in? What time is registration?
Thank, John.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2003, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

We are now offically sold out of spots to race!! Thanks everyone. Spectators are still welcome....$10 to spectate and you can pay at the gate, but no more racers are being allowed. We didnt have much interest in a formal show, so you are more then welcome to pay the $10 specators fee and then just park it in the pits and show it there. The pits are really a show because everyone is walking around checking everything out. As usual there will be magazine coverage there. See you all there

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
9.75 @141.18

post #7 of 7 Old 04-04-2003, 10:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (46)
Unhappy

I'm bringing my yellow beast down ( just to spectate I guess) .

Question for you - Will the moble dyno be there this year? This would be a great chance for me to kill 2 birds with one stone - if you know what I mean. Shooting for a safe 600 to the wheels.
Jim
[email protected]

88 GT, Street Car, Dart Block 331, YS-Trim ,TKO
649 RWHP! 565 RWTQ! (on 93 octane, Mustang Dyno)
10.79 @130 MPH (Old S-Trim combo)
**Member of the 2-piece Stock Block Club**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement