Va Bch Stangers - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-03-2003, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Va Bch Stangers

What is the 'Stang scene like? Is there any Mustang clubs or weekly hangouts? I am moving to Va Bch from Miami in mid Feb and am hoping that the 'Stang scene is as good there as it is here. My buddy has a '97 GT and told me that I'll be the big man on campus since I have an '03 Snake... is this true? Here in Miami there aren't many '03's but the ones that are around are mostly [email protected]# kickers, is this the same in Va Bch?

Can't wait to meet all of you guys
Jess

PS What are the best shops? I remeber a place called SMS when I used to live there, is it still around?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-03-2003, 09:01 AM

Well there a few good shops around here, I fully Recommend Steen Racing.com check them out

also there aren't many clubs, but there is quite a few hangouts.
also check out www.tidewaterracing.com, it is a local message forum, that shoul be able to catch you up to speed to what the scene is here.
and there are a few 03's here
and just about any other kind you could imagine.

Mike

post #3 of 15 Old 02-03-2003, 04:43 PM

SMS went under a few years ago. Steen's is mustang shop now. There are a few stang clubs, but it's older vintage ones and nobody wants to drive them at all, let alone go fast.
But, there's no shortage of stangs around here.
As far as top dog, well you need to run sub 12's to even be in the game anymore.

523" carbed motor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-03-2003, 09:25 PM

Holeshot Performance is a good shop around here. as far as the stang scene, the ricers are taking over everwhere man you know that!
post #5 of 15 Old 02-04-2003, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron95gt
As far as top dog, well you need to run sub 12's to even be in the game anymore.
That's not a problem, and even less so when I get a smaller pulley this weekend.

Ricers be ware.

Would anyone interested in starting a club? Here in miami all we do is hangout once a week, organize dyno days, picinic, shows, etc as well as teh ocassional grudge match.

05 Stang GT
5 Speed, Unmolested

96 Mystic Cobra
Blown and Beautiful

Talking about mods that you are going to do is like talking about the girls you haven't focked yet.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-04-2003, 10:14 AM

Most people are not really into clubs, but we do hang out every weekend, pinics, luncheons, and what not, like i said check out
Local chat
post #7 of 15 Old 02-07-2003, 09:53 AM

2l8iwon,
Some of us get together unofficially now and then. But it is kind of haphazard. MCA has a few local chapters . I don't know too much about them but they hold several nice car shows each year.

Stay in touch and watch for threads for getting together.

Doug

MAC CAI, Pro 5.0, Eibach Pro-kits,
Tokico Illuminas, FRP Underdrive Pullies,
FRP Aluminum Drive Shaft. Xenon lamps. MGW accessories.
2001 P&P heads and intake (Steen Racing).
FRP shorty headers. Motorsport 9mm wires.
JMS chip. --259 RWHP 302TQ-- SAE
Bassani x-pipe w/cats.
Bassani Quiet Thunder cat backs.
FRPP 4.10 gears

Sold 04/2005
post #8 of 15 Old 02-08-2003, 10:52 PM

Hey Jesse,

Not really on the subject, but it was nice meeting you again at Towers Friday night. I was talking to my old man after we left, I do recall meeting you at Tree Tops some time ago. Anyway, so you are bailing on South Florida, eh? Best of luck to you bro. Keep in touch.

Brian

P.S. Too bad I couldn't talk the old man into buying your old pulley, he'll prolly NEVER have that stock pulley off. LOL. BTW, keep us posted on your results.

1996 Mystic Cobra, Vortech SQ-V2, Stock Pulley, Diamond Pistons 11.5cc, Eagle Rods, Federal Mogul Bearings, ARP Studs, Total Seal Rings, FMS High Volume Oil Pump, Windage Tray, FMU 6:1, T-Rex, Walbro 255 Intank, Adj FPR, Autometer Boost, FP guages & Shift Light, FMS HD Pressure Plate, Centerforce Clutch, Custom DiabloSport Tune, BBK Long Tubes w/ o/r H, Flowmaster Two Chambers, Aluminum Radiator, Triax, FMS 4.10, Subframes, Sport Springs, Nitto DR

294 rwhp / 279 rwtq (SAE) N/A
409 rwhp / 363 rwtq (SAE) w/ 7 lbs.

2003 Lightning (Sonic Blue) - stock, JDM 2" shackles
post #9 of 15 Old 02-14-2003, 09:52 AM

Anyone doing anything this weekend???

Bassani x-pipe w/cats.
FRPP 4.10 gears

Sold 04/2005
post #10 of 15 Old 02-14-2003, 09:01 PM

Do we have stangs around here? Hell yes. We have the fastest bolt on stock internalled 4.6L 4V, the winner of the 02 Mod Motor 2V Power Adder class, the fastest bolt on stock internal LT1 and the 2nd (soon to be fastest) bolt on stock internal M6 LS1. We also have a plethora of stangs/camaros/firebirds with power adders. Many of them capable of running sub 11.5 at the track. Off the top of my head is a 01 SS with spray, 00 Formula witha Pro Charger, 99 Novi 1k powered GT, 2 97 Cobras with 500+rwhp, and many other 400+ rwhp 5.0's.

Welcome to the area when you get here. There are a lot of stangs around. And you will need to do quite a few mods to be top dog in this area. Including things you may not have planned on....like cage and some other warranty voiding gooodies. Now if you want to run on the street you will have to be just as fast, but you wont "need" the safety equipment. Your car will be very respectable and you will take "most" of the imports in the area.

We are not big into clubs, but there are a few Mustang shops in the area. You will find advantages to all of them, depending on where you live and what kind of crowd you want hang out in. As a matter of fact, we are planning a trip to the track on March 1. Check out the local board that was mentioned above for more info.

Doug......Ed mentioned having lunch this Sunday. Im not sure what time, but if we do I would like it to be early so that I dont miss the Daytona 500. Maybe we could get Bob and some others out there as well. What do you think?

Lloyd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 15 Old 02-15-2003, 02:58 AM

Lloyd,
Sounds good to me . Let me know when you find the details.

Doug

Bassani x-pipe w/cats.
FRPP 4.10 gears

Sold 04/2005
post #12 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 08:30 AM

Why are you moving from Miami to Va Beach?? Some of us are going to Florida in August! I will be back in VA in May.

Hey Lloyd, give me a shout. Wanna see what you guys are setting up for this years mod motor shootout?
post #13 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 10:33 AM

that MMSO, is in Ohio, i can't wait, hopefully I won't have a MM anymore, but it will be close to my home.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-18-2003, 11:42 PM

About SMS.

Greg who owned SMS is now hooked up with a guy named Chris. The shop is called Holeshot performance ( www.holeshotperformance.net ). They are cool guys and have done allot of work on my car. The prices are great and the work is top notch. I drive 3 hours from Northern,VA just for those reasons. Anyway welcome to VA bro.

Razor.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-24-2003, 08:07 AM

Welcome to the error and have to agree you just entered a error with alot of heavy hitters. I have to say watch out for stage 2 he was running high 10s last year and he has a better setup this year. The 2v in this error are pretty heavily modded. If you pull up to the line with a 2v with slicks more than likely you are going to get handed. But welcome to the area. Check everyone out at tidewaterracing.com. We all tend to help each other on are cars so go in and chat

02 GT
NOVI 2000 w/ intercooler, ,Steen Forged block w/ Steen P&P heads(Modmax Valves), 55lbs. injectors, SCT chip, 8 rib pulley set-up, Accufab single blade TB, Aeromotive fuel system, TKO tranny w/ Lakewood Bellhousing, SPEC 3 clutch, Subframes, Pro 50 shifter, PRO-M 87mm MAF, MAC LT, pro-chamber, Flowmaster 40 series catback, SH blower cams, 31 spline axles, Ported Bullitt intake, and whole lot of other goodies.
Tuned by Ed Clark w/ SCT software
17lbs 532.5rwhp and 460 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement