Maryland SVTOA chapter - Free State SVTOA - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-10-2002, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Maryland SVTOA chapter - Free State SVTOA

For you Maryland/Northern VA SVT owners, there is a new chapter just started out of Gaithersburg / Frederick. The first meeting is in January, and the event calendar is stacking up nicely. Check it out at www.freestatesvtoa.com

All Mustang owners are welcome, as well. You don't have to own a Cobra!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-10-2002, 11:02 AM

Great to hear! and finally something local too!!! but are us 2v guys going to be left out?

post #3 of 14 Old 12-10-2002, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Absolutely not! The only requirement for SVTOA membership is that you own a Ford vehicle. I'd love to see some 2V's in the club.

There's also the NVMC that meets every 2 weeks at the Dulles Expo Center (I'm a member) and the National Capital Region Mustang Club (NCRMC), which is an MCA affiliate, but I don't know much more than that.

Come on out to the meeting in January. It's the first one...if you like what you see join SVTOA and our chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-10-2002, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

I should have mentioned that the SVTOA is ALL SVT products: Lightnings, Contour, Focus, and Cobra...it's not just for Cobras.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-12-2002, 06:31 PM

whats the age group like, im 20 and i dont want to be like the kid of the group. i went to the site, it seemed like you all had a blast at 75-80. how offten dose the club do that. im realy intrested.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-12-2002, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DOHC 97 Cobra
whats the age group like, im 20 and i dont want to be like the kid of the group. i went to the site, it seemed like you all had a blast at 75-80. how offten dose the club do that. im realy intrested.
Don't know yet on the age group. There are a few younger Cobra owners in the NVMC, and we'll be joining them for a few events. Remember that the chapter is brand new. I've been on the board for about a month, and I was the second board member.

As far as events: we plan to participate in as many as possible, likely more than one a month. We will likely be invited to Drag Days with the NVMC, NVCC, and NVLOPE at Mason Dixon. Likewise for Autocross (usually in Manassas). And we'll hold a few of our own events as well.

What sort of activities / events would you enjoy participating in?
post #7 of 14 Old 12-12-2002, 11:06 PM

it sounds like a good thing u guys got going on. i am goin to have to check you all out. well you asked what type od events would i like to attend. tell u the truth im up for anything. im more into drag racing then auto cross but like i said im up for anything. so any kinda drag days or cuises you could count me in. i might beable to get a few more stangs, since it doesnt have to be all cobras.

thanks
Eric
post #8 of 14 Old 12-13-2002, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Definitely do that. They will have to join the national SVTOA and register for the chapter.

Also check out the NVMC (Northern VA Mustang Club). We meet every 2 weeks at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly. Attendance drops over the winter, but good weather usually brings out 25-50 Stangs, all Fox and SN95 (with a couple of rare exceptions). Membership is currently free.
post #9 of 14 Old 12-13-2002, 10:05 AM

Looks like I might just have to join. Like DOHC 97 Cobra said, I am more into drag days and cruises, but am up for anything. I wouldn't mind autocrossing sometime, just don't know how my car would hold up. We'll have to see. What kind of membership fees are we looking at? Thanks man.

-Billy
post #10 of 14 Old 12-13-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

SVTOA membership is a mere $40. Once you're an SVTOA member go to the Free State site, download the Free State SVTOA registration form, fill it out and send it in. All you need is your SVTOA membership number.

SVTOA Registration

Either way, come to the January 11 meeting and see what we're about. Our sponsor, Sheehy Ford Gaithersburg, has offered to provide lunch. RSVP and let 'em know you're coming so we have enough food.

I gotta tell you, we're a highly-motivated bunch and we're anxious to get this chapter up and running. The SoCal chapter is kicking some serious butt, and we don't intend to be outdone by them for long.

post #11 of 14 Old 12-13-2002, 07:34 PM

i will come just need directions to sheey ford i have heard of them just never been. thanks i just sent in the rsvp so i will see ya there.
post #12 of 14 Old 12-13-2002, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Got it! I'll email directions and post them on the web site prior to the meeting. I'll try to get it done this weekend.
post #13 of 14 Old 12-14-2002, 07:57 PM

I would like the directions too. I would really like to come. I will fill out the RSVP as soon as I get another free minute. Can't wait to meet you guys. Take it easy.

-Billy
post #14 of 14 Old 12-16-2002, 12:33 AM

I thought the 75&80 day was the first event...ohh well

I work at sheehy ford...if anyone needs directions

it is off of 270, exit for 124 Montgomery Village, make a left at the light for 355/N Frederick Ave....and you will see it about 1/2 mile down on your right

901 N Frederick Ave. Gaithersburg Md. 20879<----address use mapquest

Last edited by SleepinBeauty; 12-16-2002 at 12:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement