RipOFF Alert!!! Excessive Motorsports Manassas VA - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Trader Feedback: (0)
RipOFF Alert!!! Excessive Motorsports Manassas VA

Do not do business with Excessive motorsports Manassas VA!!

They do shotty work and do not honor there estimates and cannot justify why they jump from price to price for the same work done.

Example they quoted me 300 for ring and pinion install with ratech kit 305k (i provided all fluids and parts they were just doing install)

i was fine with the 300 but when i went to schedule it they jumped to 400 and the guy was rude and a jerk!

I can do it myself but i do not have a lift so i would rather not do it with the car on jack stands.

Excessive Motorsports is Garbage!!!!!!! and the area they are in is also garbage so its a match made in heaven.

Screw them!!!!

Chris the owner better find better people to run his shop because they truly blow!

Im a member of the VFW(Veterans of Foreign Wars) and The American Legion i am going to tell all my other mustang enthusiasts who are also veterans to never go to excessive for their performance needs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Did they complete the work? How long did it take them to complete the job? I ask cause I know they would charge labor by the hour. Would like more info on this incident.
Thanks

post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Trader Feedback: (40)
interesting, I know a couple people who have had blowers/turbo setups installed and tuned and they all swear by them. Personally, I have bought a couple small parts for them and chris was really nice and took less for the parts cuz I forgot my credit card and only had cash.

this is rather unfortunate, i'm interested in hearing more because i was planning to get my car tuned there in the next couple months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

its not about the price!

Most shops know what something cost's specifically small things that the shop does alot like gears, intakes.

The guy says to me that from one day to the next the prices change at excessive.

So...... Do they just change the price when they think a person doesnt know any better or when they feel like it or does the price change based on who's working the counter?

The guy was a real A$$ and im glad to be on probation minding my business or it would have had a different outcome.

I know my way around a mustang and really didnt want to have to either get under it on jack stands(since i dont have a lift)
or take the rear out completely and work on it from the bench.

My going to Excessive was a pure convenience move but after my experience there this time i will never go back!

Just because i dont work at a shop doesnt mean im a dummy!

I know plenty of mustang guys that could work circles around most mechanics at these so called "Speed" Shops.

So as far as im concerned im going to bash Excessive anytime i hear anyone speak their name in regards to a mustang.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
From what I understand, most shop will up the price if you have your own parts. This is because they aren't make extra profit off the parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement