I got the car out for another drive yesterday and put another 60 miles on it. The car felt good and ran fine. I didn't sign up in time for the June 29th practice but I think I'm going to still try and make the June 30th event.
I also got some work done on the car. There's been a few interior things I wanted to get done on the car. The first was fixing the carpet behind the seats. The scott rod panels don't allow for the carpet to go under it. So I ended up cutting it but I needed a way to clean it up.
When I was at home depot one day I saw door thresholds and thought that would work. They were only a few dollars each so I figured why not.
I found the narrowest and thinnest ones I could find.
I painted them black to match the interior of the car.
I'm either going to rivet them in or get some screws. Then I worked on the shifter cover on the car. I had already made the panel for the top I just needed to make the opening and install the trim ring I found.
I don't know if on earlier cars the shifter was in a different position then 87-93 cars or I didn't install the 5 speed trans hump right but you can see its not centered. The trans and everything is straight and the shifter is in the same position it was before just one inch back. I still need to mount, paint and figure out how I'm going to mount the shifter boot.
So before next weekend I want to finish the shifter cover install the 5 point harnesses and do a nut and bolt on the car. If I have time I would like to check the alignment on the car.