96 Cobra Cooling TSB - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-14-2002, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question 96 Cobra Cooling TSB

I have a 96 Cobra that I bought a couple of months ago. I made the assumption that the cooling was not done because the honeycomb grill is still in place. I have now heard that the car was taken to the dealer in July of 98 with cooling concerns and possibly the radiator was changed. My question is how can I identify the radiator to determine if it is the upgraded unit? What other parts were changed? Did they ever do the TSB and leave the grill in place? Any information would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-14-2002, 10:47 AM

My 96 has the cooling update and still has the honeycomb grill in place. Maybe a screwup on their part but glad its there. I'm pretty sure the under the hood fuse block was changed also and it basically is wired like a 97 now. Get your owners manual and compare it to your fuse block and see if there are any differences. I actually copied a couple of pages out of a 97 manual and stuck them in my manual for reference...

post #3 of 4 Old 05-14-2002, 11:55 AM
max

Look at your radiator hoses, thermostat, etc......if the TSB has been done, the Ford numbers will have a '7' following the first letter. If not done, it'll be a '6'. I think it is 'D7', but not sure what letter indicates the '90 decade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2002, 01:21 PM

The upper mounts on the TSB cars and 97-up cars is different from the 96 non TSB cars.

Looking at the car...the right mount on 96 non TSB cars is way off to the right under the radiator shroud. On the TSB and 97 up cars the right mount is just to the right of the radiator right behind the radiator shroud.

Also, the fans are different. The TSB and 97 up cars have a cooling fan with the shroud around it all open to let air through. The non TSB 96 cars is solid around the fan.

--Marcus

1996 Mystic Cobra #1717
Vortech SQ
3.55s
BBK longtubes, off road H, Flowmaster 2 Chambers dumped
Eibach Sportlines, Koni Yellows, Hotchkis C/C plates
Boze Billet Stixx 5's 18x8s and 18x10s
Cervini "R" style hood, Saleen S281 spoiler, Cervini side scoops
Mystic Painted Interior, Polished aluminum everything under the hood, Taillight Sequencers, HIDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement