Bullitt Intake swap parts list, for those interested... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thumbs up Bullitt Intake swap parts list, for those interested...

Here goes...

2R3Z-9A589-DA SPCR-THROTTLE
2R3Z-9424-AB MANIFOLD ASSY-
2R3Z-9E930-AA SPACER, AIR IN
1R3Z-9728-BA BRKT-ACEL SHAF
1R3Z-9A758-BA CABLE ASY-ACCE
2R3Z-9J444-AA SUPT. - INT. M
2R3Z-10153-AA BRKT-ALT SUPT
1W7Z-8592-AA CONNECTION-WAT
XL3Z-8575-AA THERMOSTAT ASY
F1VY-8255-A SEAL-48.5X3.63
YL3Z-9439-BA GSKT-INTK MANF (2)
1R3Z-8260-DA HOS-RAD UPR
E6AZ-9D476-B GASKET EXHAUST
E83Z-9F670-A GASKET- AIR BYP
F7LZ-9E936-AA GASKET- A/CHRG
YL1Z-9P761-AA HOSE-EGR VAC C
YF1Z-9P761-CA HOSE-EGR VAC C
2R3Z-18663-CA HOSE ASSEMBLY-
1R3Z-18472-DA HOSE & TUBE AS
1R3Z-18472-BA HOS ASY-HTR IN
1R3Z-9D477-CA TUBE ASY EGR V
2R3Z-9F792-BA MANIF & CROSSO
F6ZZ-9N285-AA NIPPLE-ENG AIR
F6AZ-6584-AA GASKET-VALVE A
F6AZ-6584-BA GASKET VALVE R
YR3Z-10346-AARM ALT ASY 4G ($75 core price)
1L3Z-9B659-AA TUBE ASY-ENG A

Other than this, I also got new spark plugs, a 6G to 4G alternator plug, new front cover gaskets, a new crank seal, a Lightning air inlet piece to use with my AFM PowerPipe, and '96 GT valve covers. For those of you that are going to do this swap, these are the essentials for the most part, with a few other parts to get the job done, and to be able to still have cruise control.

If you have any questions about this setup, you should feel free to contact Randy Stinchcomb at Universal Ford in Baltimore, Maryland.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 05:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
um, tell me why you need new valve covers Brandon. Me and a friend did the swap Sat. and I didn't get new ones Did you already order all that stuff? I can make your life real easy if you haven't already I know a guy that put a swap kit together and it comes with everything you need minus a new wiring plate (even though the old one can be used for the vacume lines)

Let me know.

Jonathan
2000 Performance Red GT Auto to 5spd/Old Car: 96 Metallic Green Auto GT
  • Fordchip Tuned Dyno #'s:407.6 RWHP 386.5 TQ with car seriously de-tuned for "bottom-end" reasons.
  • Go-fast mods:Steeda Hood and Wing, Saleen side scoops & front bumper, Stalker sideskirts, FMS "C" Springs 1 Coil cut in the rear, Nitto 555R's(front) & Drag Radials(rear)
  • Blower Mods:Vortech JT-Trim, 3.60 RR Pulley (8 psi) 42 lb inj, Lightning 90mm MAF, no powerpipe.
  • Tranny & Drivetrain:Tremec TKO 5-speed, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Steeda adj quadrant clutch cable, Spec Stage III clutch, Spec Aluminum Flywheel, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 FRPP gears
  • Intake & Air:Bullit Intake with a K&N & Pro MAF 77mm (removed), Cold-Air Ind. using a Densecharger
  • Misc & Engine:Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster set back to 10, 180 thermo, Autolite TR764 Coppers, EEC Tuner (Removed) now using Autologic Chip (*ALL REMOVED FOR BLOWER*
  • Exhaust:MAC 2.5" Inch Catback with 3.5" Chrome Tips, MAC Longtubes & MAC Off-Hpipe (grins everytime I start the car)

----------Old Auto Tranny Setup---------
    TransGO, then PA transbrake valvebody, 3200 lockup Art Carr converter, SVO tranny cooler.

-Special Thanks to David Posea, White99GT (Bill), Cobra Killer (Tim), Jason at Higgins Ford Performance Racing, and Shawn Sullivan.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Jonathan.... Well, I've got the valve covers with the oil filler neck on the driver's side, so that I can use my current AFM N/A PowerPipe, and not have to **** with routing because of where the oil filler neck currently is. Did I already order all of it??? Yeah, I just got it all today, and I got a good deal on it, so I'm not gonna gripe. As far as necessities for the swap, not including a few odds and ends, I have probably around ~$1,000 in it, but I really haven't tallied the total. BTW... what are you referring to about the wiring plate????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 96_Stang_99
Jonathan.... Well, I've got the valve covers with the oil filler neck on the driver's side, so that I can use my current AFM N/A PowerPipe, and not have to **** with routing because of where the oil filler neck currently is. Did I already order all of it??? Yeah, I just got it all today, and I got a good deal on it, so I'm not gonna gripe. As far as necessities for the swap, not including a few odds and ends, I have probably around ~$1,000 in it, but I really haven't tallied the total. BTW... what are you referring to about the wiring plate????
Brandon, You have a few things you probably won't need and I will email you tonight when I am at home. Also, I agree with Jonathan you don't need new valve covers. I made a nice looking billet oil fill cap. I am going to get some pics of it soon and I will post them. Later Ron

Few cars...
post #5 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 07:58 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
What about a Throttle Body? Do you the part # for that?

Jim

'01 GT Auto- Bullitt Intake, VT Stage II's, 30# inj's, Hooker L/T's, UPR Tubular Frt & C-overs, Granatelli LCA's, SCT Pro-Racer Tuned, CAI, PI 3600, J-Mod, 4.10's, Cobra Brakes, SFC's...SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-14-2002, 10:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Cruise control cable?
Stock fuel rails are gonna give you fits.

Doug Johnson

* 99 GT NMRA CS
post #7 of 11 Old 05-15-2002, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Ron... Ok, thats cool man. I worked with Randy on getting this put together, so I assume that it should be pretty well complete, with the needed parts. If I have a few "unnecessary" ones, then thats ok. Hopefully it will make things easier for my installer. Well, like I said, as far as the valve covers go, the ONLY reason that I'm using the '96 GT ones, is so that I can still use my AFM N/A PowerPipe (the one that is designed to work with the stock throttle body, not the dual bore 57mm one), and not have to worry about routing it around the oil filler neck. See, I also have an inlet piece off of an '01 Lightning (that looks similar to the stock GT inlet pipe), only its about a foot long. It is oval-shaped at one end, so it will mate to my '97 Cobra throttle body just fine, AND it is a 4" round piece, so it will mate to my N/A Powerpipe just fine. The only thing that may have to be done, would be to cut some length from the N/A PowerPipe, so that it will route down to the fenderwell just fine. Make sense now??? I'm sure pics will help after it gets installed!!

'01 Steed... Yeah, I forgot to mention the throttle body. I looked around in the Classifieds here on the Corral, and found one that onerichrunner had from his '97 Cobra. Any '96 - '98 Cobra throttle body will work, but I thought it would be more cost effective to buy a used one. I chose the '97 Cobra throttle body, because the '96 AND '97 Cobra throttle bodies both have the screw on them for the air adjustment, unlike the '98 Cobras. I thought that this might come in handy for any idling issues that I may have because of the intake and/or the cams that go in at the same time. If you're considering the swap, I'd recommend checking the Classifieds here, and see what you can find. Mine should be on its way back to me tomorrow, as I am having it polished, so that it'll look all nice and pretty with everything.

Doug... 1R3Z-9A758-BA CABLE ASY-ACCE Thats the cruise control cable, right??? I've got it in my list. I've also got the Bullitt fuel rails sitting here. ( 2R3Z-9F792-BA MANIF & CROSSO)
post #8 of 11 Old 05-15-2002, 03:27 AM

Looks like a PITA to me.

Let us know the results.

I'll stick with the 'ol plastic job for now :-)

Jeff
post #9 of 11 Old 05-15-2002, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

According to my installer, he says it should just be time consuming, rather than a PITA. He's a tech at a local Ford dealer, so he should be ok.

BTW.... he's the one that installed my longtubes, and the rest of the exhaust for $200. Hopefully he'll stay in that ballpark for the intake and cams swap!!
post #10 of 11 Old 05-15-2002, 08:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally posted by nomore4bangers
Looks like a PITA to me.

Let us know the results.

I'll stick with the 'ol plastic job for now :-)

Jeff
Absolutely not, took me 5.5 hours total which includes the time it took me to modify the heater hose, thermostat housing and document every single step and bolt size to do the process. I could easily do the job again in under 4 hours.

Bill

1994 Mustang LS Swap - 11.40 @ 117.88 / 9.85 @ 134.74 nitrous / 8.73 @ 157.13 PT88
2004 Mach 1-P1SC (11.93 @ 120.54, 468RWHP/417RWTQ) - SOLD
2000 GT 2V NA (11.97 @ 113.20 w/1.56 60ft, 285.3RWHP/296.3RWTQ) - SOLD
post #11 of 11 Old 05-15-2002, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustang92

Absolutely not, took me 5.5 hours total which includes the time it took me to modify the heater hose, thermostat housing and document every single step and bolt size to do the process. I could easily do the job again in under 4 hours.

Bill
Ditto, maybe not 4 hours but it is not a PITA. Later Ron

Few cars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement