98 GT with 4.10s... auto, what to expect? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-13-2002, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
98 GT with 4.10s... auto, what to expect?

My stock time is in the sig. I am going to be installing 4.10 gears this week and take it to the track. What kind of results should I expect? Anything else I should do? Does shift kits work on the electronic auto or will a chip be sufficent? I want to get the thermo lowered to 180degrees, the shifts improved, and the speedo corrected all in one chip.. hopefully this is possible for not too much $$. Give me some insight fellas. BTW, my car is light as hell for some reason.

Graham

Last edited by redride; 05-13-2002 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-13-2002, 02:55 AM

i have a 98GT as well. with 4.10's......u've made the right choice with those gears. i love them! they took a half of a sec. off my 1/4 time (15.4 stock - 14.88 w/ gears)

I also have a shift kit and it does help alot cuz it takes out the lag u have in between each shift whichs slows u down in the 1/4 mile. if u do put in a shift kit i HIGHLY recommend u get a tranny cooler (around $75) as well cuz with the shifts improving, u'll be moving more HOT tranny fluid thru the tranny and heat is what kills ur clutches inside. i've already blown my tranny once and it is VERY costly to fix.

the chip will help as well, it changes the shift points/alows more line pressure/ and will correct ur speedo with the gears

post #3 of 4 Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Loud98SVT, did your mph increase? thanks for the info..anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2002, 12:40 AM

NO..it actually decreased a few mph. from 93mph on the 15.4 run to 90mph on the 14.88 run. i can live with it as long as i'm in the 14 second club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement