Got the 4.10s in....Wow what a difference!!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-12-2002, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Got the 4.10s in....Wow what a difference!!!

Anyone who has been debating on getting 3.73s instead of 4.10s......DONT DO IT!!! Like many on this board have said before. They are not too much gear. Its just about perfect! What a difference they make. I dont know that i would have noticed a difference at all with 3.73s other than a slight SOTP increace. All in all, Im very pleased with this mod in combination with my tri-ax. Now Im just waiting for my JMS chip to come in. I cant wait

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 04:25 PM

I am having 4.10's put in this week. Can you tell me what type of chip you are putting in and what effect is it going to have since you put the gears in? I was not aware that the chip / gear combo would give such a performance gain.

Thanks!

post #3 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 04:30 PM

programmer and gear took me from 14.0 @98mph to 13.6-13.7 @ 102 mph...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 05:27 PM

I'm getting 4.10s in the 98 tomorrow. Then I'll be at Speedworld that night to see how much they help. Hopefully my 225/16s will hook.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Im gonna be using a JMS chip. It will correct the speedo, adjust timing curve, air/fuel ratio and a few other functions as well. It has three different settings you can use on it for daily driving to track applications.

www.jmschip.com
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 09:20 PM

Last week I went from 3.73 to 4.10 and I noticed a big difference in the pulling.
I also cant wait until I go to the track next.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 09:21 PM

Glad to hear that you like the 4.10's. Did you say that have a tri-ax shifter? How is first gear?

Redride.......Make sure you let us/me know what your times are with the 4.10's. I am also at 15.1, and was thinking about getting 4.10's but I can't hook at the track with what I have now. It will be warmer when I go tomorrow, so maybe it was just the day I went. Can't afford DR's and 4.10's right now, so if your 16's aren't out of control, who knows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement