2nd time at the track with SVO SC, Questions on drag radials! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
2nd time at the track with SVO SC, Questions on drag radials!

I made it out to Ennis for ultimate street night on Friday night and managed to get consistent high 13's. My best was 13.851 @ 102.26mph, 60' was a bad 2.274 sec on that run. I'm thinking about buying some nitto 555r's anybody have any good or bad comments on them?

Thx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 02:17 PM

Have not been to the track with them yet, but they are great on the street can tell a big difference from old tires. Have no problems driving them in the rain either.

post #3 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 02:52 PM

Nitto's last longer but BFG's hook better. It's just a matter if you're going to leave them on or just bolt them on race day. Also, from personal experience, get 15" instead of 17". I gained .4 just switching to 15".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 06:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
You can expect a 3 tenth of a sec. drop w/ drag radials. The T/a set at 15 will net you another tenth. A tb and good meter will drop you close to the twelves. Good luck.

1993 Cobra
2004 Mach AB Cammed and nitrous
2008 Gt stock
1983 Mustang L 351 w
post #5 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 09:21 PM

10 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP man.....thats rich as hell. Are you running the SVO eec or a custom tune?

I have yet to dyno my SVO eec on the wideband but when I do, if I am running that rich.....custom tune/chip for me!
post #6 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

98roush

Quote:
Originally posted by 98Roush
10 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP man.....thats rich as hell. Are you running the SVO eec or a custom tune?

Yes, I'm running the SVO EEC. I installed an adj FPR after the dyno runs in my sig and lowered my rail pressure by 3psi. I've yet to take it back for another dyno/wideband run to see where its at now. I'd like to bring it up to around 11:1-11.5:1.....
post #7 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 09:55 PM

D97GT: does the SVO eec run that rich or is that because of the FPR?

hey, check this thread out and see if you can be of any help: https://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...1&goto=newpost
post #8 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Its the SVO EEC causing it to run that rich. I added the ADJ FPR to try and alleviate the problem. From what I understood a few years ago (I've had my SVO SC for 3yrs now), the tuner can tweek the SVO's EEC if he has your computer code in his database. The code is located on a label on the outside of the EEC. This may not apply anymore with the changes in software. I'd call the tuner and ask him, but be prepared to give him that code!
post #9 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 10:34 PM

whats your FP gauge reading BEFORE and AFTER the FPR install at various point such as idle and WOT?
post #10 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Its been over a year since I installed the AFPR and I don't have a permanent FP gauge. If I remember correctly, WOT fuel pressure was about 42psi, I dropped it to 39psi.

post #11 of 13 Old 05-13-2002, 08:59 AM

always interested in any svo posting! when i just changed my plugs i noticed two cylinders in the middle of the passenger side where running on the lean side where as the rest of the plugs were on the rich side. i am using the svo eec. instead of dropping fuel pressure across the board would it better to correct air/fuel using the signals that fire the individual injectors? of coure now it is not a do-it yourself job. bobn

06 gt auto
post #12 of 13 Old 05-13-2002, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

The condition your talking about when changing plugs is under normal driving circumstances. At WOT the situation could be quite different. Although you may still have lean/rich cylinders, if your showing way rich on the wideband then most likely all of the cylinders are running rich. Some just not as much as others.

That type of tuning (individual injectors) I don't think is possible. When I was having my car tuned 3yrs ago with the POS p-dyne on it there was only one setting for all injectors. I worked with the guy tuning it for about 12hrs total (2 separate days) so I got pretty familiar with the software he was using. It'd be hard to set up even if it was available as theres no way to measure AF on each individual cylinder. The best you could do is install clean plugs and look at them after each dyno run. Not a very exact way of doing it. But It'd be cool to have that kind of adjustment available. Fine tuning each individual cylinder would probably add a lot of power.

Kevin
post #13 of 13 Old 05-13-2002, 05:39 PM

thanks for the info. bobn

06 gt auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement