Driveshaft hitting bottom of car? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-11-2002, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Driveshaft hitting bottom of car?

I was wondering if anyone has ever broken a motormount in their GT. I have a 98 GT with H & R Springs, Tokico shocks, Maximum Motorsports (Panhard Bar, Subframe Connectors, Caster/Camber plates) and polyurethane bushings. Ever since I put the suspension on, when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear my driveshaft slams against the underbody of the car on the emergency brake assembly. I have already changed the transmission mount but it didn't make a difference. The ony thing else I could think of being wrong would a broken motor-mount or my bushings are worn out in the control arms. I really like the suspension but I didn't have any problems till I put on. Also it seems like it only rubs on the better of the car when it is understress when I have it floored. Please help if you can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-11-2002, 10:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Worn or broken motor mounts can do this. I just replaced mine on my 98 Cobra. Ford as some new ones that are supposed to be a bit stronger than the stock ones. They look identical to the ones I removed but the rubber must be stronger.

Chris

Chris98vobra
98 Tan on Laser Red Rag Top Cobra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fully built and forged with Mahle pistons, SHM Blower cams, ported heads/nitrated valves
Novi 2000, 52# RC injectors, custom IC, Devilsown alky injection, SSR Intake, Steeda rails and -8 feed lines, 03 tank + Aviator dual pumps
Tuned with SCT Pro Racer Package (and everything else over the years)
Lot's of other stuff!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-11-2002, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Has the happened to your car or from previous experience? I have already replaced the transmission mount and it didn't help at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-11-2002, 04:20 PM

i have the same prob with mine. i think it is more of a pinion angle problem than your suspension. for some reason adjustable upper and lower control arms keep coming into my head? wiil these solve the problem, anybody? however mine only does it when someone is sitting in the back.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-11-2002, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Well when you lower a car doesn't the pinion angle, well angle more downward? My problem is that my driveshaft hitting the bottom of the car is getting worse. The only thing I can think of would be that my stock upper and lower control arm bushings are bad and causing a lot of movement under torque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement