TransGo shift Kit, any problem during installation ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2002, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
TransGo shift Kit, any problem during installation ?

Would like to know from you guys if you had any problems with the installation of the transGo shift Kit, or had any problem with the tranny after the kit installed ?

Do we need a transmission cooler if we install the kit ?

I will use my car street use ONLY, of course i will push a little on the gaz pedal once in a while, (only to grease the engine

Thanks in advance for your response.

Mustang GT2000 convertible
automatic transmission.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-05-2002, 12:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Don't do it, TransGO kit totally SCREWED my entire tranny @ only 16k miles and I know at least 5 other guys it did the same to. For some reason the TransGO kits DO NOT work correctly in the newer model tranny 99-02 so I would avoid it at all costs. Get a PA valve body if you want to get the most out of your stock tranny. Tranny cooler always helps regardless b/c it helps cut down on the amount of heat buildup. Get a PA valve body and a new stall Torque converter and you will be all set

Jonathan
2000 Performance Red GT Auto to 5spd/Old Car: 96 Metallic Green Auto GT
  • Fordchip Tuned Dyno #'s:407.6 RWHP 386.5 TQ with car seriously de-tuned for "bottom-end" reasons.
  • Go-fast mods:Steeda Hood and Wing, Saleen side scoops & front bumper, Stalker sideskirts, FMS "C" Springs 1 Coil cut in the rear, Nitto 555R's(front) & Drag Radials(rear)
  • Blower Mods:Vortech JT-Trim, 3.60 RR Pulley (8 psi) 42 lb inj, Lightning 90mm MAF, no powerpipe.
  • Tranny & Drivetrain:Tremec TKO 5-speed, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Steeda adj quadrant clutch cable, Spec Stage III clutch, Spec Aluminum Flywheel, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 FRPP gears
  • Intake & Air:Bullit Intake with a K&N & Pro MAF 77mm (removed), Cold-Air Ind. using a Densecharger
  • Misc & Engine:Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster set back to 10, 180 thermo, Autolite TR764 Coppers, EEC Tuner (Removed) now using Autologic Chip (*ALL REMOVED FOR BLOWER*
  • Exhaust:MAC 2.5" Inch Catback with 3.5" Chrome Tips, MAC Longtubes & MAC Off-Hpipe (grins everytime I start the car)

----------Old Auto Tranny Setup---------
    TransGO, then PA transbrake valvebody, 3200 lockup Art Carr converter, SVO tranny cooler.

-Special Thanks to David Posea, White99GT (Bill), Cobra Killer (Tim), Jason at Higgins Ford Performance Racing, and Shawn Sullivan.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-05-2002, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

thanks for your advise, I will definitely put a hold on the shift kit.
One question for you though, what do you mean by

Get a PA valve body

What exactely does it mean, and who supplies these parts ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-05-2002, 05:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
PA = Performance Automatic

Get thier Transbrake

I Got a Transgo shift kit, And let me Tell ya, It SUCKS! The Thing shift into OD During WOT 1/4 Mile Runs

I Think its the Worst Mod ive ever done!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-05-2002, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

do you have a links to their web site ?
post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Corral Elite Member

grabber_grabbs:

No slam against PA but you have alternatives. Consider doing the 'Jerry mod' as described in "Transmissions 101" (in the Tech Articles) of tccoa.com. Jerry is a former Ford trans engineer (he is Mr. 4R70W), works for Roush now, and is one of the best tuners in the land. At the very least, read Jerry's articles -- there is a ton of knowledge and experience in them and it's available for our benefit.

(Lentech makes a good valve body for the 4R70W, too, imho).

2012 GT 6MT - RTR #59; performance white / charcoal interior
3.73's, AED tune, MGW Race Spec shifter, Airaid MFT, BMR rear LCAs & relo brackets, Panhard rod & brace, FRPP swaybars, MRT a/c H-pipe, LP OTAs, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, FRPP diff cover, JLT PCV p/s catchcan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement