We just got finished with my MAC long tube header install. Overall, as expected, it was an absolute PITA. It took us at least twenty-hours to finish, bear in mind this is in the midst of a headswap, with much of the motor already torn down.
The passenger side was absolutely ridiculous, as most people have found out. The back primary was of course, the hardest. With the motor jacked up, we still had to use one of those magnet-extender tools & two small fingers to get the bolts started, which took at least an hour in itself. The remainer of the bolts weren't as bad, but definitely not easy.
The driver's side wasn't nearly as bad, once the motor is jacked up, and the motor mount removed to allow the steering shaft to swing up & out of the way. We did it by bringing the header up through the bottom 1/2 way, putting the steering shaft through the header, then bringing it the rest of the way up. The hardest part on the driver's side is the two bottom bolts, closest to the firewall. One sits behind the EGR fitting, or whatever it is.
Fit & finish wasn't as bad as I expected, although 1/2 of the coating was scraped off from putting the headers in. I suppose I'll try & repaint them before they start rusting. The headers fit pretty well, but some of the bolts were harder to start due to the holes not being perfectly lined up. We didn't have to dent any of the primaries, and I haven't caught anything rubbing yet, mainly the steering shaft or the starter housing.
Overall, I can't say I'm satisifed, because after 20 hours, there's not much to be happy about except that it's over. I'm sure I'll change my mind once I fire the car up and hear it.