Cobra owners....................Has anyone had their heads and intake ported ??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2002, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cobra owners....................Has anyone had their heads and intake ported ???

I have a 98 cobra vert and was thinking of getting my heads and intake ported.Only mods so far are shifter,410s,kn,offrh,flos,pullies and timing adj with nitto's.How much of a power gain did you get with the heads and intake porting.I was thinking of a mid range porting not an all out race port.What can I expect to pay for this and labor.If I cant pick up .5 seconds in the quarter then I doubt if I will get it done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2002, 03:51 PM

I have been wanting to know the same thing, but just getting my intake ported.... how costly, and labor intensive is it? thanks

And anyone know of a place in AZ that can do this?

post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2002, 04:56 PM

I have fully ported heads in my 98 Cobra and Im installing my home garage ported intake tonight which I will post pictures of, the intake came out really good.. If I hadnt blown my engine I would have never bothered porting the heads, it works great but its alot of work and it cost $$$.. I would suggest getting the intake ported, deletes, tune and a Accufab TB, oh and put your Stang on a diet...DA Snake Boy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement