Where can you find " 4.6 Cobra 32V " Valve Cover Emblems for '96' thru '98' Cobra's ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-04-2002, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Where can you find " 4.6 Cobra 32V " Valve Cover Emblems for '96' thru '98' Cobra's ?

A friend of mine is buying a used '98' Cobra & he said he saw some pictures of Kar Kraft's Engineering "4.6 Cobra 32 V " Valve Cover Emblem decals in an old car magazine article. I called Kar Kraft today & they said they longer make them. They said that they only carry '99' to present aluminum plate valve covers for the coil on plug motors. Does any one have any spare '96 thru '98' 4.6 Cobra decals laying around or anybody out there might be interested in taking up where Kar Kraft left off & start producing these decals again? He would really like a set of these for his "new" Cobra. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-04-2002, 06:59 AM

SW Designs. 1-877-410-9955 ask for scott.

Dave King
2004 Mustang Cobra [email protected]
1997 Mustang Cobra 8.32 @168
post #3 of 11 Old 05-04-2002, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Dave King: Thanks for the telephone #! Richard ( 4.6 Cobra )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 02:50 PM

I do not have these available ;(

§cott Ö1 Çoßra (formerly) 96Çobra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 07:29 PM

Anyone else have some idea's of where to get these? Been wanting some for some time,(nice dress up item)
Thanks

Andre

1997 Rio Red Cobra
Vortech V1 S-Trim @ 10lb's of Boost, 60lb injector's, Anderson Powerpipe, MAFia extender, Walbro 255lph intank, T-Rex inline, 4.10's, BBK offroad H-pipe with 2 chamber flowmaster's, Pro5.0 shifter, FMS Aluminum Drive shaft, C-Springs, Global West offset rack bushings,KYB shocks and struts. Steeda C/C plates, AFS 17x8 up front and 17x10.5 out back with 315/35/17 Nitto DR's
Dyno Tuned by HPP
post #6 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 08:12 PM

Thumbs up I have some.

I can take a pic of a set I have in my garage. They come with the spark plug covers as well because I had mounted them years ago. I haven't used them in two years. Email me or PM me.

[email protected]

Seeya

-Nate
'98 Cobra Coupe
post #7 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 08:14 PM

You had them on the 96 didn't you Scott...where did you get that set?
~Darren

MR MCF
The Millennium Horse:

2000 DaSilva Prepped Vortech'd GT
366rwhp --- 363rwtq

post #8 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 10:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
SRP is where I got mine that I had on my Cobra
I dont think they make them anymore

Mustang Week Staff
post #9 of 11 Old 05-05-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

There is another option available that is expensive and is the way I will be going in the future. I live in Southern California & I attended the annual Kit car event that Knott's Berry Farm hosts every year. Most the the kit cars are replica Shelby Cobras. There was this Factory Five replica Cobra that had the body off the frame & it had a ploished 4.6 Cobra motor with a polished Ken Bell S/C on top of it. What was impressive to me was that he had a raised louvered flat piece of billet covering the top of the spark plugs ( same looking raised louvers like the top of the intake manifold ) that ran horizontal from one end to the next & in the center he had raised letters that spelled out the word "COBRA". He said that you can get it in polished form or just plain aluminum. The guys name was Farra Snook from a company called SOFAST llc. He is located in Albany, Oregon. His phone is: 541-928-5858. Fax: 541-928-9068. He said the price was approx. $ 130.00 + . I took a picture of the motor & will have prints back soon. If you want the ultimate in looks for your '96' thru '98' 4.6 Cobra motor; this is the way to go. For an example of how it kinda looks go to Kar Kraft Engineering.com and look at their aluminum spark plug valve cover for the '99' to present coil on plug 4.6 Cobra motor.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-06-2002, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 Cobra
There is another option available that is expensive and is the way I will be going in the future. I live in Southern California & I attended the annual Kit car event that Knott's Berry Farm hosts every year. Most the the kit cars are replica Shelby Cobras. There was this Factory Five replica Cobra that had the body off the frame & it had a ploished 4.6 Cobra motor with a polished Ken Bell S/C on top of it. What was impressive to me was that he had a raised louvered flat piece of billet covering the top of the spark plugs ( same looking raised louvers like the top of the intake manifold ) that ran horizontal from one end to the next & in the center he had raised letters that spelled out the word "COBRA". He said that you can get it in polished form or just plain aluminum. The guys name was Farra Snook from a company called SOFAST llc. He is located in Albany, Oregon. His phone is: 541-928-5858. Fax: 541-928-9068. He said the price was approx. $ 130.00 + . I took a picture of the motor & will have prints back soon. If you want the ultimate in looks for your '96' thru '98' 4.6 Cobra motor; this is the way to go. For an example of how it kinda looks go to Kar Kraft Engineering.com and look at their aluminum spark plug valve cover for the '99' to present coil on plug 4.6 Cobra motor.
If you can get a pair of covers for $130.00 (Polished) go for it - that is CHEAP!!!!!!!

I was going to sell these but it is becoming TOO expensive.

Darren, my 96 ones were off a limited run of Navigators that had them. You won't find them any more.

§cott Ö1 Çoßra (formerly) 96Çobra

Last edited by Scott 01Cobra; 05-06-2002 at 07:13 AM.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-07-2002, 06:52 AM

Try PPI. They had some listed as "limited quantity" on their website the other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement