HELP - ME and the Computer are Confused O2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-2002, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
HELP - ME and the Computer are Confused O2

Heres the 411. I got an O/R X pipe and the MIL eliminators from Texas Mustang about 6 weeks ago put on the car and everything was dandy. Just recently the check light came on, and I reset it. Nothing for about two weeks. Then again so I finally went and pulled the codes using a generic OBD _II scanner and got a O2 Sensor Code. Well just wonderful. The problem though is that my car has 22K miles on it or which it was a virgin to mods for 20K of that. I pulled the O2 sensors and they are of normal coloration, nothing out of ordinary. In fact they were like new. So I at least wiped them off using a dry tee shirt put them back in and just drove 25 miles with no problems. How long is a cycle on the computer before it will detect two continuous misreads and send this light on? Any guesses. I checked the MILs and they are connected firmly, with no physical damage or burns. This computer is just way to sensetive. Its like a woman on metapause compared to my order cars systems. HELP. Do I send these MILs back or test drive more and is there a different code thrown for each 02 sensor if one is bad so I can tell?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2002, 08:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Post the code number(s) and I'll look them up...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement