Tips on MM C/C Plate Install?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Question Tips on MM C/C Plate Install??

I have a set of MM C/C plates for my cobra on the way to me.

I have some serious Negative Camber and need to remove as much of it as possible.

Any tips for installing them so I can remove the most camber? I have FMS C-springs on the car currently and I plan on going to coil-overs in the less than distant future(about 1 yr or so).

Thanks... WAY in advance

88 LX 5.0 Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (0)
blue88mustang:

The Auto-X forum mob told me to aim for -1.5 degrees of caster (edit) oops, should be "camber" not caster (end of edit). This would be good for street without excessive tire wear. However, I installed the c/c plates in the 'positive' position, per MM instructions ("most cars use the positive position...."). The most caster I could get was -0.90 to -1.0. Not a big deal but maybe the 'negative' position would have been a bit better for my car with Steeda springs.

Free advice: I would go ahead and install them in the positive position because I am sure that your springs lowered your car more than my Steeda springs lowered mine (about 1.6"). This will still give you plenty of room for adjustment.

2012 GT 6MT - RTR #59; performance white / charcoal interior
3.73's, AED tune, MGW Race Spec shifter, Airaid MFT, BMR rear LCAs & relo brackets, Panhard rod & brace, FRPP swaybars, MRT a/c H-pipe, LP OTAs, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, FRPP diff cover, JLT PCV p/s catchcan

Last edited by nyuk98gt; 05-03-2002 at 10:39 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
When you say "caster" in your reply, did you mean to say "camber"??

So the MM Instructions are pretty thorough??

88 LX 5.0 Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Authorized Advertiser

There is a pretty good instruction sheet included (I checked!), it's got some pictures and stuff in it. You might need the "more positive" setting to get your car back to -1.0 or so. You can then switch them around to the "more negative" setting when you get coil overs.

-Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1-866-693-4441
Paxton, ATI, Maximum Motorsports, SPEC Clutches, AJE, JBA, C&L and more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 06:41 PM

I agree with what nyuk98gt said...go ahead and install them upside down, inspite of MM instruction that "most" install right side up. I went with the "typical" install per MM instructions, and find that adjustment points are at the maximum just for standard spec alignment. No more room for further "agressive" adjustment. I have actually considered flipping mine one of these days. Otherwise, make sure you have jack stands, a good jack, drill, bits, and BTW, air wrench is better for strut nuts.
Good luck, you shouldn't have any trouble,
CW
post #6 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 08:45 PM

You can also save yourself some time by using all three strut shaft spacers on each side to start. I must have wasted an hour in fiddling with using different combinations of spacers only to find out you need all three. The spacers prevent the strut shaft from sticking up too far and hitting your hood.

I'd also start with the plates in the negative orientation. I wasted another hour in figuring out the positive position would give me only -1.25* camber. That's ok for the street but when I auto-x I want more. BTW, my car is only lowered 1" so your results may be different. Good luck.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 09:57 PM

spacers

I just installed mine last night. I went with the positive setting. Haven't had an alignment yet. I used 1 large and 1 small spacers on the bottom.

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
First Modular in the 10's
[email protected]
post #8 of 8 Old 05-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Corral Elite Member

blue88mustang:

Quote:
When you say "caster" in your reply, did you mean to say "camber"??

So the MM Instructions are pretty thorough??
Yes, I meant to say -1.5 degrees CAMBER (not yelling, just emphasis). (The caster ought to be about 4 degrees). I'm going to edit my reply so I don't steer (heh, heh) anybody wrong.

Sorry about the wrong term.

Yes, the MM instructions are very good. I should have called them to ask which way the plate should go in for a Mustang rather than just putting the plate in the positive position. It's not a big deal to change over but it means another alignment when I do it. Oh well.

chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement