Those with Magnaflow catted X - I have a couple of questions, please... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-02-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Question Those with Magnaflow catted X - I have a couple of questions, please...

My Magnaflow catted X and cat-back are sitting in a spare office at work while I have been at some classes this week.

I'm going to pick them up in the morning and have them installed this weekend, so I just have a couple of questions for those who own the catted X.

How many miles do you have on yours, and have you tripped a MIL yet?

Should I expect to be calling and ordering MIL eliminators on Monday like some others have had to do with Bassani catted pipes?

Also, anything I should make the installers (a reputable muffler shop that custom makes exhaust for local street rodders) aware of?

I know I should tell them that they will have to cut the old system off behind the muffs, but what about the X? I'm tempted to tell them to be careful with the O2 sensors, but I don't want them to think that I'm treating them like podunk hicks.

Sorry, I just get nervous when somone works on my car. My friend and I were going to do it this weekend, but we may have to wrench on his Mark VIII as we are taking it to the dyno in the afternoon, so I told him that I would just get my stuff installed early.

Thanks in advance for your replies....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-02-2002, 09:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
Re: Those with Magnaflow catted X - I have a couple of questions, please...

Quote:
Originally posted by PaganGT
My Magnaflow catted X and cat-back are sitting in a spare office at work while I have been at some classes this week.

I'm going to pick them up in the morning and have them installed this weekend, so I just have a couple of questions for those who own the catted X.

Should I expect to be calling and ordering MIL eliminators on Monday like some others have had to do with Bassani catted pipes?

Also, anything I should make the installers (a reputable muffler shop that custom makes exhaust for local street rodders) aware of?

I know I should tell them that they will have to cut the old system off behind the muffs, but what about the X? I'm tempted to tell them to be careful with the O2 sensors, but I don't want them to think that I'm treating them like podunk hicks.

Sorry, I just get nervous when somone works on my car. My friend and I were going to do it this weekend, but we may have to wrench on his Mark VIII as we are taking it to the dyno in the afternoon, so I told him that I would just get my stuff installed early.

Your check engine light shouldn't come on at all with the catted X-pipe. The O2 sensors should be fine as long as they don't drop 'em.

The X-pipe only takes ~ hour to install - you should've done that yourself. Since the cat-back requires cutting/welding, that's best left to the muffler shop if you're no comfortable doing it.

Best N/A ET on the factory long-block: 11.16 @ 120.24 mph
post #3 of 6 Old 05-02-2002, 09:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Re: Those with Magnaflow catted X - I have a couple of questions, please...

Quote:
Originally posted by PaganGT

Hi,

I have the Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats and cat-back. I have about 4000miles on them and no MIL event. The X-pipe took about 45minutes to install and the cat-back about 2hrs. because I had to drop the rear axle in order to get out my Bullitt cat-back without cutting. It was really a piece of cake job BUT I did it right after the JBA header install so after that ANYTHING seems like a cake walk.

Good luck,

Mark Chiappetta

Zone-5 Performance Products

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------
'03 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
- VT 5.3L Darton MID sleeved Big-bore/stroker
- CP pistons (9.2:1), Oliver billet rods, billet oil gears, triggerwheel
- P&P '03 heads, Crower stage2 cams, SS valves, springs, titanium retainers
- P&P '01 Cobra top-end
- HP twin 57mm intercooled turbo setup
- much, much more.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-02-2002, 09:54 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
Re: Re: Those with Magnaflow catted X - I have a couple of questions, please...

Quote:
Originally posted by mjchip

I did it right after the JBA header install so after that ANYTHING seems like a cake walk.

Mark Chiappetta
You got that right!!!

Best N/A ET on the factory long-block: 11.16 @ 120.24 mph
post #5 of 6 Old 05-02-2002, 10:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
2,000 miles and no MIL.

The O2 sensors will go in your new X pipe. Ask for you stock crossover pipe back. As far as the cat-back, you might as well let them keep it if they want; it's mostly useless.

Don't feel bad taking it to a shop.. I had no problems getting the cat-back on myself, but the X pipe was difficult because you really need an impact wrench. If you don't have one, you'll be saving yourself some frustration.

You'll love the setup!

Jeff
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2002, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Smile thanks everyone!

Thanks all,

I'm quite excited about getting the Magnaflow stuff on. I'm tired of my car sounding docile next to the R/T. I can't even hear mine running.

Actually, the R/T has too much cabin noise (Flowmaster drone), so I have already talked to Ray at Full Line and got a quote on a Magnaflow cat-back for it too, pending my approval of this one.

And I'm sure that I'll love it based on everyone's comments.

BTW Jeff, I have 4.10s sitting in the garage too...then our mod list will be the same. I sure hope I can pull times like yours at the track. Gratz on those numbers.

I should be able to take that trash talkin LT1 owner at work now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement