Question for P1SC 2V Owners... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-02-2002, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Question for P1SC 2V Owners...

Do you think that I should have to get a stronger motor right off the bat or not. I have 39k on my 98 GT. I have a warranty untill 100k. I am wondering if I can expect decent life span with a good tune run that blower? Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-02-2002, 08:36 PM

Well, I always say If it's not broke then why fix it. Of course someone could say the same thing about putting on a supercharger to begin with. The question is can you find a good tuner. Even with the so-called best tuners out there your engine can still blow like mine did and a few others.
If you're worried about it then don't do it. It is my opinion that these engines were in no way designed to handle the amount of power that we're putting to them. So, if you still plan on a blower then start saving for a new engine.
It would have been better for me to just buy a supercharged mustang from Saleen then to go through the money and hassle. God knows I spent as much! Good luck-

P.S. Maybe a trade in is in the future for you?

post #3 of 5 Old 05-02-2002, 09:09 PM

Lots of variables...much has to do with how much boost. I was running 12lb with a P1SC and blew the rings in two cylinders. Was always told that was OK with intercooler and proper tune, but I still managed to kill my motor. A guy at a local race shop here strongly advised against running that high of boost without building up the block first. On the other hand I've heard of guys running 12 and over on stock block and were OK. All I know is that the warranty on the 03 I have on order looks pretty attractive after that mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-03-2002, 08:22 AM

Arrow

I have had my P-1SC(10 psi) on my car(96 GT) for over 40k miles and 100+ passes with no problems, this was with a Autologic tune for half of that time and the other half with just FMU and 24lb injs and NO chip.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-03-2002, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for the feed back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement