Brother's Speedcal ?'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-01-2002, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Brother's Speedcal ?'s

Do they have the updated and imporved speedcals or should I spend the extra $20 for the Dallas Mustang version to ensure I get the new version that fixes cruise control porblems?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

TTT...

Anyone? Triblkcobra?

post #3 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 10:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I can't tell if its the updated version, but I just purchased one and had no problems.
Mac h-pipe (w/mil eliminators)
Flowmaster cat-back
FRPP 3.73 gears (w/speedcal)
Mac shifter
Mac springs
Cobra R rims/Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 255/45ZR-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 10:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (18)
Lightbulb Re: Brother's Speedcal ?'s

Quote:
Originally posted by 01LaserRed5
Do they have the updated and imporved speedcals or should I spend the extra $20 for the Dallas Mustang version to ensure I get the new version that fixes cruise control porblems?
I just had a Brother's Speed-Cal installed recently. The 1st one was DOA (which I'm told is VERY rare), but the replacement unit worked like a charm!!!

I would buy the Brother's unit & save $20 - they are exactly the same. Brother's just doesn't have the "Dallas Speed-Cal" sticker on it...

Best N/A ET on the factory long-block: 11.16 @ 120.24 mph
post #5 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 12:13 PM

I honestly dont know what stock they had left when we got the updated units. I know they had some on back order but I dont know if they were out or just low on current stock. I know they are now received some of the units with the new software load.

Angus, and on your DOA unit it was rare but we had two that showed up back-to-back so when the all the current stocked units were retrofitted with the new software I tested each one. God what a PITA...

01LaserRed5, again I guess I dont know enough on what Brother's had on hand but as always if either source causes problems just drop me a PM or email.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I like doing things right the first time and don't feel like getting into the battle of "there is nothing wrong with unit we sent you" if it isn't the updated software. I would rather drop the extra $20 for piece of mind or to ensure that once it is in there, it works correctly.

Thanks again.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-02-2002, 01:26 PM

Well, again this whole thing has got a lot of publicity that isnt necessarily deserved. The whole cruise surging with Abbotts and SpeedCals is not a significant percentage of the units out there I believe. A lot more units have shipped with no issues than have had issues. That doesnt mean I like it since I had an idea how to address it (and subsequently have...). If it gives you peace of mind then by all means do it. That being said and the fact that I stated I tested all the units, with my luck lately it will probabaly still show up DOA...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement