Tired of the FLOWS!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Cool Tired of the FLOWS!!

Well one of my flowmaster mufflers just started rattling preety bad. I decided that I am tired of the flowmaster sound, so I'm going to replace both of them with a different setup. What mufflers sound good with an off-road h-pipe?? Im not looking for anything REALLY loud. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 11:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Magnaflow catback will be about as loud as your flowmasters(probably a bit more mellow and not as loud). They sound good with my O/R H-pipe and Longtubes... just the sound I was looking for. I had flows on the car with an O/R H-pipe and the noise level and drone was driving me crazy. The Magnaflow catback cost me $330 delivered and it is Stainless Steel, polished mufflers, polished tips. Pretty nice kit for the price... best one out there for the money I think.

This setup is probably a happy medium between the stock exhaust(cats, mufflers, etc) and the O/R H-pipe with 2 chamber flowmasters. Hope that helps.

88 LX 5.0 Vert
post #3 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 12:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
ive tried dynomax(super turbos), flowmasters (2 chamber), and the new magnaflows.
go for the magnaflows they sound very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 12:57 PM

I'm scrapping my Flows also for the Borla cat back. I tired of Flows. Time for something new.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 01:21 PM

I'm sorry, I must have read wrong, are you all saying that your cars are too loud? I didn't know there was such a thing on a Mustang, maybe on a Geo Metro though. I would definitely stay away from the Dynomax, I have heard them and they don't sound quite as good. I haven't heard the magnapacks, but the Borlas also sound good, but are really quite expensive.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
I am hearing all good things about the Magnaflows. I allready have the flowmaster cat-back system. Would the Magnaflows sound just as good if I welded them into the Flowmaster catback?
post #7 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 02:02 PM

I have 3 chamber flows and the drone is almost unbarable anytime i left off the gas...i think i want to go with the dynomax straight through cat back so it will fit with my ta/phb that i am getting next summer.

Dave
post #8 of 8 Old 04-30-2002, 03:01 PM

I keep reading about everyone raving about the Magnaflows, so I'm officially interested. Does anyone have a soundclip? Thanks.

1991 LX - Turbo 5.0
Old Combo...Stock block and heads, Turbonetics 62mm...6.78 @ 104.25 - 436rwhp/508rwtq @ 10psi
New Combo...Boss 347, TW heads, Super Victor, Cam Motion cam, Precision 78mm, Big Stuff 3, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement