Misfiring bank - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2002, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Misfiring bank

Maybe someone here has some insight at what would cause misfiring/rough idle only on the drivers side cylinders. You can barely notice the misfire, even while driving,but it is affecting the performance drastically when it comes to numbers. This started when I put a new motor in, when the old one blew. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak before the 1st O2 sensor, causing a bad mixture, but everything checked ok. A leak down test was performed, and all cylinders are in the green (around 5 or 10 percent). I can unplug the plug coils with the engine running and the engine will not falter at all when even 2 are off at once. The passenger side is running perfect though. I tested the spark and it is strong. I sprayed starting fluid around to see if I could detect a vacuum leak, but everything checks out ok. Does anybody have any ideas as what the hell is going on? Oh... the code reader spit out that that bank is running rich. I dont think it is the mechanics of the engine, but maybe some stupid sensor or hose somewhere. I dont know if a bad o2 sensor will make this happen, or IAC.Probably not IAC if one side bad....I guess. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.............Craig

Report this post to a moderator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2002, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Never mind reporting post to moderator part. Copied too much.............

Sponsored Links
Advertisement