N.O.S with bullitt intake ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-29-2002, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
N.O.S with bullitt intake ?

Well i was thinking about droping the idea of cams & p&p heads and taking my p&p bullit intake and putting a 100 shot dry kit

now i did do some reaseach on the forums and didn't find to much for 99 gts. Tell me if i am wrong but i will have to get a msd window switch ,purge kit. colder plugs, how about fuel? Will i have to jump up to 24lb injectors and get high flow fuel pump?
also i see a t/a would be a must .

please any info on getting me on the right path so i can go in hock with my credit card

basicly what kits are out there for what i want and what exactly do i need to get to be safe.

sorry so long

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-29-2002, 11:33 PM

99 will require a chip to increase the fuel being delivered. You wont need 24s but they wont hurt and since your getting a chip that can also pull set your fuel and timing curves. I know many Pre 99 guys have run 100HP shot without even touching timing. I personally advanced mine 8 degrees and saw best results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-30-2002, 12:34 AM

If your going with a dry kit, 24# injectors would be a step in the right direction. The MSD, and all the other goodies you listed are not required. They sure do help out though. A window switch will keep the nitrous spraying only through the rpms you want it to. The Hobbs switch (fuel pressure safety switch) is good for shutting down the nitrous should a fuel pump kick it. A purge is not really needed on a dry kit. On a wet kit, it gives you that punch you in the seat hit of pure liquid nitrous. If money is no object, I would elect to buy the Holley/NOS Noszle system. This is a direct port wet kit. If you need to spend a little less, a kit from any of the other companys will do. NX makes a killer wet kit. As does TNT. NOS makes both? I think. JMS has a nice setup. For $700 or so, they hook you up with nitrous in a bag (Compucar dry kit I believe), as well as a custom burned chip to go with it. I don't think Zex has a kit ready yet for 99+. If you need anything just ask. Just remember though :

Wetter is Better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2002, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

So i will need a chip even if i get my maf recaled for the 24lb injectors.
now do you have to use high test gas when running nos what do you do when not using it back to 87? kinda stinks if you have a full tank of 87 and on the road and want to use it on some one.

all info is welcomed
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2002, 09:48 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
99 will require a chip to increase the fuel being delivered
You DO NOT need a chip with the NOS 5116 dry kit. They use a "Fuel Enrichment Controller" to handle the fuel delivery.

As far as the 24 lb injectors go, the tech's at NOS told me not to change my stock injectors. Their kit was designed specifically for the stockers. I'm not saying you would hurt anything, I'm just going by what the manufacturer recommends.

Quote:
do you have to use high test gas when running nos what do you do when not using it back to 87?
I assume you mean high octane gas. Yes, the kit calls for 92+ octane. It says in the manual that if 92+ is not available you can use an octane booster. That sounded kinda flaky to me...
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2002, 11:57 PM

Yeah they want you to use thier octane booster. They just want the $$$$$. I personally think octane booster is a big waste of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement