freezing maf with nitrous, compucar people help - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
freezing maf with nitrous, compucar people help

i fixed my electrical beef. now the car starts spraying at 3k, and cuts out at 3500 with loud pops from exhaust(o/r). To me this sounds like a frozen maf. I have the line entering the top of the filter with the brake line going straight into the wms cai. the end of the brake line is about where the wms comes out of the filter or about 5 inches away from the maf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 10:52 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
did you gap your plugs @ .35?? You could be getting spark blow-out if you are spraying heavy with a large gap. Been there, done that one. Otherwise, I spray right under the maf sample tube, but of course that is only a 40hp shot.. waiting for the chip to do more.

post #3 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 11:16 PM

Some guys over on BON had a problem with freezing the MAF while spraying. Their solution was in put the nozzle in to the side of the filter with an elbow pointing away from the MAF. That way the spray will go toward the tip cup of the filter. IMO, it allows the air defuse or spread all around the intake path, not just down the center or one solid stream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 11:33 PM

OK...potentially dumb question... Why are you spraying through the MAF? Is it to measure the N2O along with the air? If this is the reason, is there enough volume of N2O to really make a difference?

The few N2O installations I've seen inject between the MAF and throttle body.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

texas, thats the plan. I took my brake line out and plan to have a muffler shop bend it for me into a U shape so it sprays towards the top(rubber part) of the filter. hopefully this will work. btw, i have a wms cai and im spraying a 70 shot

post #6 of 10 Old 04-29-2002, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatDoggy
OK...potentially dumb question... Why are you spraying through the MAF? Is it to measure the N2O along with the air? If this is the reason, is there enough volume of N2O to really make a difference?

The few N2O installations I've seen inject between the MAF and throttle body.
It is a dry set up with a program change. It is straight forward and simple setup, but tuning can give problems, like 99svt32v is having. I think it is the IAT sensor that sees the N2O because of the temp change.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 04-29-2002 at 11:53 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-30-2002, 12:16 AM

I had the same problem when I first dyno'd my car. Right around 3500 rpms, the juice just cut off. So we did exactly what texasdevildog suggested and whola, it sprayed all the way through. That should hopefully fix your problem. Good luck.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-30-2002, 12:29 AM

I am guessing this kit is like the way the ls-1's add fuel and is also like the bottle in a bag kit.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-30-2002, 02:04 AM

I have my nozzle between the bend in the intake tube and the throttle body, It is suggested on most kits to be no further away from the TB than 6in, mine actually said the best place was to tap threads into the TB and drill a hole through the clamp and intake tube. Don't know how big of a deal it makes, but anyhow.
I use a N.W. wet kit @100-150hp depending on the mood of the day, with no probs, stock timing, and 94 octane.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-30-2002, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

well with a wet kit its different. The whole point of this dry kit is to have the maf adjust for the nitrous. Since it is very cold, it tricks the maf into richening up the mixture. What happened to me is that the maf got too cold, went full rich=dumping fuel=popping exhaust=car dying. The car ran fine as soon as i let off. So off to the muffler shop i go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement