Possible GP - MAGNAFLOW !!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by pwrhungry

No I do not work for them! I just ordered mine monday because I did not want to be on back order for months to save $10 dollars. I am not trying to ruin it just want fellow stanges to get the best deal possible. Is that not the point of a group purchuse or are you getting a special deal?
Yes, I am getting a special deal, everyone is getting a special deal, if this GP goes well, he will be offering a lot more GP's. You may only save $10 on this deal but think about future GP's. Plus he might be able to save us a lot more on the x-pipe.
It's the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" idea.
Full Line can offer us nothing more than a cheap catback. This guy is willing to do a lot of different GP's. He already did the Corbeau seats, which was an awesome deal.

Can anyone back me up on this idea?! What does everyone think about this?

As far as me getting a better deal than anyone else, that is against GP rules!

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
First Modular in the 10's
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KenB

Yes, I am getting a special deal, everyone is getting a special deal, if this GP goes well, he will be offering a lot more GP's. You may only save $10 on this deal but think about future GP's. Plus he might be able to save us a lot more on the x-pipe.
It's the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" idea.
Full Line can offer us nothing more than a cheap catback. This guy is willing to do a lot of different GP's. He already did the Corbeau seats, which was an awesome deal.

Can anyone back me up on this idea?! What does everyone think about this?

As far as me getting a better deal than anyone else, that is against GP rules!

Ken
Yes I know it is against the rules. I appoligize If I have caused any problems I am not trying to start an argument. I was just trying to let people know where they can get what kind of deal and let them decide what they want to do.

post #73 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

no arguement

Quote:
Originally posted by pwrhungry

Yes I know it is against the rules. I appoligize If I have caused any problems I am not trying to start an argument. I was just trying to let people know where they can get what kind of deal and let them decide what they want to do.
OK I forgive you

But really, I understand where you are coming from. I won't do this GP unless I can beat the best price out there. It may not be by much, because his price is already very good, but like I said, in the long term, it will be better if people buy it through the GP.

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 12:13 PM

You said this guy is in NJ? Where in NJ? im in Central NJ. Need the exhaust soon, got in trouble with current no cat setup.
post #75 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

NJ

Quote:
Originally posted by SalStang00
You said this guy is in NJ? Where in NJ? im in Central NJ. Need the exhaust soon, got in trouble with current no cat setup.
No, the guy who did the last Magnaflow GP was in NJ. The guy I'm doing it through is in SC.

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]
post #76 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 02:09 PM

I'd be interested in a Magnaflow SS catback for my 99 Cobra.

I'm in Charlotte, NC --- where in SC is he?

Thx...
post #77 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 02:16 PM

im in for a 98GT magnapacks 3.5, been waiting and waiting for this , so f it ill just buy it now Let me know soon thanks

Jack
post #78 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 02:42 PM

Thumbs up Count me in

I'd be in for a cat back for my 97 if it's a better price than Full Line

'97 GT Coupe - Headswapped
Untuned: 296rwhp & 298tq SAE

Fox Lake Stage II PI heads, Comp Cams, BBK LTs, BBK OR-H w/ welded in cats, Magnapack cat-back, Steeda pullies, Steeda TA, Steeda Tri-Ax, FRPP 3.73s
post #79 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 02:52 PM

i'd be interested in the Magnapacks for a 98 cobra
post #80 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 03:14 PM

Full line is the best price I have seen and I have looked for over a year! If you cant beat the price then obviously people will buy from full line. Not only do they have the best price shipped they also ship it in 3 days FED EX! So while you guys are waiting for weeks to get your catback at the same price or slightly better, I will be driving around with my Magnapacks! BTW. I would be interested if they could beat full lines shipped price to CO of $330 and ship it to me in 3 day GUARANTEED!

post #81 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by KickerStang
Full line is the best price I have seen and I have looked for over a year! If you cant beat the price then obviously people will buy from full line. Not only do they have the best price shipped they also ship it in 3 days FED EX! So while you guys are waiting for weeks to get your catback at the same price or slightly better, I will be driving around with my Magnapacks! BTW. I would be interested if they could beat full lines shipped price to CO of $330 and ship it to me in 3 day GUARANTEED!
You obviously didn't read the whole thread. Your type of attitude is the reason we don't have more GP's. The guy I'm doing it through, just finished up a Corbeau GP and it went great. If this Magnaflow GP goes well, he will be doing a lot more GP's for us. So you might not save a ton on this one, but getting in on it will ensure he will do many more in the future. I'll be sure to remember you on future GP's.

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]
post #82 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 03:39 PM

I'd be interested possibly...

email me with information when you get it please, and thanks for doing this for all of us stang owners!

[email protected]
post #83 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:00 PM

Quote:

You obviously didn't read the whole thread. Your type of attitude is the reason we don't have more GP's. The guy I'm doing it through, just finished up a Corbeau GP and it went great. If this Magnaflow GP goes well, he will be doing a lot more GP's for us. So you might not save a ton on this one, but getting in on it will ensure he will do many more in the future. I'll be sure to remember you on future GP's.

Ken
You are one of the most stupid people I have ever heard! Dont get mad at me if you can not find a better deal than what is already out there! If you can not get as good of a deal then you are getting ripped off. If you plan on convincing yourself and others on getting in on a stupid deal just so you can be included on more stupid deals, then be my guest. I, myself, like to get the best deal possible. Now again, if he can make just as good of a deal and ship it there in 3 days I would be interested, but I dont think you can do that. If you can GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! I would then be interested.
post #84 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

You are one of the most stupid people I have ever heard! Dont get mad at me if you can not find a better deal than what is already out there! If you can not get as good of a deal then you are getting ripped off. If you plan on convincing yourself and others on getting in on a stupid deal just so you can be included on more stupid deals, then be my guest. I, myself, like to get the best deal possible. Now again, if he can make just as good of a deal and ship it there in 3 days I would be interested, but I dont think you can do that. If you can GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS! I would then be interested.
If you think I'm stupid then stay out of my ****ing thread
You just don't get it do you? It's really tough to compete with Full Line on this deal, but will kill prices on future GP's. Just ask anyone who got in on the Corbeau GP. Full Line's price will be beat, or we won't do the GP. Full Line is hardly making anything off the catback selling it for what they do. That's why you can't find anyone else even close to that price. If we do beat Full Line's price, it won't be with 3 day shipping. So do us all a favor and go buy your exhaust from Full Line.

Is anyone on board with what I'm saying?
If not, I won't waste my time. I'm trying to do something good for all of us by getting this guy on board for lots of great GP's. It takes a lot of time and effort to set these things up. If you guys don't care then I'll just forget it.

Let me know what you think

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]

Last edited by KenB; 04-30-2002 at 05:28 PM.
post #85 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:39 PM

Quote:

You just don't get it do you? It's really tough to compete with Full Line on this deal, but will kill prices on future GP's. Just ask anyone who got in on the Corbeau GP. Full Line's price will be beat, or we won't do the GP. Full Line is hardly making anything off the catback selling it for what they do. That's why you can't find anyone else even close to that price. If we do beat Full Line's price, it won't be with 3 day shipping. So do us all a favor and go buy your exhaust from Full Line.

If not, I won't waste my time. I'm trying to do something good for all of us by getting this guy on board for lots of great GP's. It takes a lot of time and effort to set these things up. If you guys don't care then I'll just forget it.

I am all for a good deal through GP that is why I subscribed to this post. However, I have seen people order on GP's and not get their stuff in weeks and months. I would rather pay $50 more for something that would get to me in 3 days than save $50 and not get it for 2 months. All I am saying $298 is the full line going price + $35 shipping to CO. If you can beat that and get it shipped in a decent time I would be interested.

Ken
post #86 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:39 PM

I am all for a good deal through GP that is why I subscribed to this post. However, I have seen people order on GP's and not get their stuff in weeks and months. I would rather pay $50 more for something that would get to me in 3 days than save $50 and not get it for 2 months. All I am saying $298 is the full line going price + $35 shipping to CO. If you can beat that and get it shipped in a decent time I would be interested.

Sorry I am a moron!

post #87 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:47 PM

Quote:

You just don't get it do you? It's really tough to compete with Full Line on this deal, but he will kill prices on future GP's. Full Line's price will be beat, or we won't do the GP. Full Line is hardly making anything off the catback selling it for what they do. That's why you can't find anyone else even close to that price.

Ken
Don't let 1 bad apple spoil the whole bunch!
I work in the shipping industry and will make the statement that 90% of the country is a 3 day delivery point to 85% of the rest of the country. Plus I don't give a damn if I get the stuff in 3 or 6 days because it won't be till Saturday or sunday that I could get to it anyway. I'd much rather save a couple of bucks than get my stuff early.

Keep up the good work!!!
post #88 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
May be interested in a cat-back for a 02 GT if the price is right

2008 NMRA Pure Street Champion
post #89 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

long term

Quote:

Sorry I am a moron!

I understand where you are coming from, but this GP will be of a very short duration. Let me state this one more time:
If you look at this deal and this deal alone, it might make more sense to get it from Full Line. BUT we are looking at the long term.
With a little patience, we can all reap the benefits of this deal. If we make this guy some money, he will be asking us to do GP's.
I should know something by Wednesday afternoon on this.

Thanks,
Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]
post #90 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:55 PM

exactly what Custom2kGt said...i will be in and since i don't have unlimited funds I rather save the $50 bucks to use for something else....I'm pretty sure almost everyone here agrees!
post #91 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

just so everyone knows..

Quote:
Originally posted by 99BlackCobraVert
exactly what Custom2kGt said...i will be in and since i don't have unlimited funds I rather save the $50 bucks to use for something else....I'm pretty sure almost everyone here agrees!
Just so everyone knows, it definitely won't be $50 cheaper than Full Line. Believe it or not, if you cut $50 off of Full Line's price, that would be below cost. Remember, Houston Performance sells the catback for $389 plus shipping, and partshopper.com sells if for $404 plus shipping. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Ken

Modular Depot
4VNA NMRA P/S 5118
[email protected]
post #92 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 06:42 PM

Re: just so everyone knows..

Quote:

Just so everyone knows, it definitely won't be $50 cheaper than Full Line. Believe it or not, if you cut $50 off of Full Line's price, that would be below cost. Remember, Houston Performance sells the catback for $389 plus shipping, and partshopper.com sells if for $404 plus shipping. I don't want to mislead anyone.

Ken
I hear ya...it's just het principle of saving money rather then how much your saving.
post #93 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 10:00 PM

Re: just so everyone knows..

Quote:

Ken

I just got mine from Houston Performance for $349 plus shipping!?

I'm will be interested in the x-pipe GP when it comes around.

[email protected]
post #94 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 11:24 PM

5,10,50 bux, who cares. I get the same product for cheaper than anywhere else?? Where do I sign?
post #95 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 11:44 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
If it is not too late...count me in. I would like the magnaflow cat back and X pipe (with cats...I'm in California).

2006 GT - Paxton NOVI 2200 Intercooled Supercharger, FRPP Twin 65mm Throttle Body, Diablo Predator and MAFia, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Tokico D-Spec Shocks/Struts, Metco Billet Lower Control Arms, DBA Slotted Rotors, Hawk Pads, Goodrich SS Brake Lines, Shelby Razor 20"X9" wheels.
post #96 of 124 Old 04-30-2002, 11:55 PM

So where are those prices? I thought you said you were going to get them this afternoon? Its 10pm here.
post #97 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 12:08 AM

Quote:
So where are those prices? I thought you said you were going to get them this afternoon? Its 10pm here.
Relax dude. Go back and read Ken's post again. He clearly said Wednesday afternoon .

Ken, I'm going to be unable to check in here again until Sunday. Hopefully the GP won't disappear that quickly, but just in case I am definitely in for a Magnaflow cat back system for a 5 speed '98 GT if I can substitute 3" exhaust tips in for the 3.5".

Thanks,
Matt
[email protected]

Atlantic Blue '98 GT Convertible with stuff
'03 5-door Focus SVT without stuff
post #98 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 03:03 AM

Just wanted to say hats off to anyone who goes through the hard work and sets up a GP. I have seen and heard horror stories about what people go through to get these damn things off the ground. It's obvious in this thread.

Still in for a MagnaFLOW catback BTW.
post #99 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hans_Moleman

Relax dude. Go back and read Ken's post again. He clearly said Wednesday afternoon .

Ken, I'm going to be unable to check in here again until Sunday. Hopefully the GP won't disappear that quickly, but just in case I am definitely in for a Magnaflow cat back system for a 5 speed '98 GT if I can substitute 3" exhaust tips in for the 3.5".

Thanks,
Matt
[email protected]
Matt, I'm wanting this for mine as well. If all else fails just shoot me an email and I'll keep you in the loop.
Darren
post #100 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 08:32 AM

Ken, you already did a GP through this guy once already. I don't think his feelings are going to get hurt if this deal falls through. I need a new catback. I would love to get in on this deal if you can beat the price of Full Line. I mean, $330 shipped is pretty f***** good!
post #101 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 12:56 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
x-pipe

I would be interested in a x-pipe w/c when the new gp is on.
post #102 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 02:09 PM

Count me in for an X-pipe w/ cats (save the earth ) if the price is right.

e90 328i
post #103 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 02:45 PM

so whats up with this GP, any set price?? if so im in for a magnapack catback for a 98 cobra

[email protected]
post #104 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 02:57 PM

Anyone have a soundclip of the Magnapacks? If so, could you please post it. Thanks.

1991 LX - Turbo 5.0
Old Combo...Stock block and heads, Turbonetics 62mm...6.78 @ 104.25 - 436rwhp/508rwtq @ 10psi
New Combo...Boss 347, TW heads, Super Victor, Cam Motion cam, Precision 78mm, Big Stuff 3, etc...
post #105 of 124 Old 05-01-2002, 06:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
FYI, through a source today I contacted Magnaflow regarding the catted X-pipe fitting a '96-'98GT. At the current time, they do not offer an X-pipe for the '96-'98GT's (I have no idea about the Cobras). I didn't ask about the catback because I am only interested in the X.

1998 Atlantic Blue GT
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement