Springs - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-27-2002, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Springs

I need to lower my 4x4 02 mustang.Steeda lower the car and 1.5" but my car is bout 4" between the tire and fender
I heard Intrax lower the car 2". I'm not a drag man, just want to look cool and handle corners ez without the bottom-
out-ride. Is it possible to just change the springs with out the shocks???.help me out here. car dosen't handle with that
power.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-27-2002, 05:36 PM

I have been told you can do the springs only, but you will be replacing the stock shocks/struts within a year or so because they can't handle the 2" drop. I would wait and do it all at once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone: 01 Mustang GT
post #3 of 5 Old 04-27-2002, 06:30 PM

If you lower your car too much then you actually lose handling. But if you still want to lower your car more than 1.5" then try some coil-overs. It will give the adjustablity that may be you solution. Of course you will need new shocks and struts. Many people have had success with FRPP C-springs with a dead coil cut in the rear, some like the H&R springs, and some like the steeda springs. Do a search and I am sure you will find pictures and information that will help you along. I think you would be happy with 1.25-1.5" unless you are going for the slammed look. Good luck on your search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-27-2002, 10:26 PM

I put Intrax on my 96 GT and it dropped it 2" and looks great, the ride is still good and has a better 'feel' for the road. You WILL need to replace your shocks struts with higher quality pieces like Bilstein, Koni, or Tokico. I also took out the isolaters and haven't heard a single noise from the springs. Even with my shot original shock/struts with 80k (waiting for Bilsteins to come in) I don't have any trouble with bottoming out either. If you are going to do it your self then you could put the springs in and save some money for shocks/struts later.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-28-2002, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Spring 1.5 or 2 "

Thanks for the reply. I wonder anyone can show pictures of stock,1.5",and 2" heights of the three.

02 gt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement