MILs and H pipe, quick question~! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2002, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
MILs and H pipe, quick question~!

Hey,

I'm putting an offroad pipe on my car today but the eliminators won't be her efor a nother few days. Is it okay to run the car without the eliminators on it for a day or two. Also, if I then put the eliminators on, will the MIL shut off? Or do I have to disconnect the battery for some time. Do the O2 sensors change the engine mixtures or anything? Let me know asap, gotta do it in like an [email protected] thanks!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-27-2002, 10:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Yes you can run it without the MIL. Just dissconnect the battery once you have them installed to reset the computer and your light will be gone.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-27-2002, 10:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I only went as far as 50 miles until the check engine light went on after the off road h-pipe installation. From my experience and from what i had read from the forum, you would have to disconnect the battery while installing mil eliminators. Hope this helps.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode