Excessive Motorsport East in VA - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2002, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (6)
Excessive Motorsport East in VA

Getting gears installed there tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to have to wait on the car. Is there anything to do around there? Metro Near by?

Do they do good work??

Thanks

05 Mustang GT- PH Turbo, Stage 3 heads, Built Block
2004 Nissan Titan (Car Hauler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Founder corral.net

Trader Feedback: (0)
Make sure they install an Abbott ERA or some other speed compensating device. Doing an IRS gear change can also be tricky because you need to make sure that the axles and driveshaft are indexed prior to their removal. You also need to make sure that the backlash is set properly. Spec is .008 - .014. Use only Ford Motorsport gears.

If the indexing is off then you'll possibly get a vibration.

Other than that a gear change in an IRS car is no different than any other 8.8" axle.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-27-2002, 04:31 AM

From What I understand Excessive does excelent work and also has outstanding prices!!! lots of my friends have been their to get work done and will keep going back. They have been to other shops in the area too! The prices they told me on the parts sounded prety competitive, also.

As for the area, I dont know about metro, but I think there is a bus terminal near by. Their is plenty of stuff with in walking distance (i.e. shopping, food, etc..). I know I'll be taking my stuff there soon to get some goodies installed!!! Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Maybe you could talk them into a loner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2002, 09:36 AM

I've got a friend that blew his motor around Thanksgiving in his 96 GT. He brought it to them to have a 98 block rebuilt with P&P heads and forged internals. It was supposed to be done by Febuary, then March. They told him that it was ready to put in the car at the begining of April, but two weeks later they said that it hadn't even gotten out of the machine shop! He said he will never let them do any work on his car again. He's going to have it tuned at True Blue when ever it gets done.

Our other friend made a deal with him to get his C&L and all Excessive had to do was to ship it to Blacksburg. Well after two months and countless phone calls he finally got it.

I personally have no experience with Excessive, but I'm just relaying stories of my friends. Up until this thing with the motor, he didn't have any problems with Excessive and recommended them, but now he tells everyone to steer clear.

If you're going to just have gears installed, I would believe that it should be fine because they do have a decent rep. I'm not sure about leaving a car there for a long time though.

John

John

1996 Black Cobra Vert: sitting in the garage for now
2008 Black Nissan Altima 2.5 S: new daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement