Should I or could I trade in my new car for a 03 Cobra?!?> - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-25-2002, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Should I or could I trade in my new car for a 03 Cobra?!?>

Okay, I am really pissed off right now guys. I bought my brand new 02 WS6 6spd Hurst w/ TC in December thinking that the 03 Cobra might not of happened b/c of what ford was going through delaying car launch dates and having no money for anything to be done. I figured It'd be at least till 04-05 till we saw a Cobra w// high hp#'s. So I jumped on the chance to have the last WS6 ever made, and probably fastest on street for the money, well....until they release the Cobra now.

I am really contemplating on trading my car in to get the Cobra but not sure how, and if I would loose my azz on the car. It's a 60mo term and more than half the car is payed off already.

Does anyone think I could get my money back on the ws6? I used it as a daily driver for about 3mos unti I found a beater car and it already has 12kmi on it.

I am just really upset. I like the build quality of the Cobra better, but the cockpit feel of the WS6 is awesome, but it's got its quirks as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2002, 01:38 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will lose your ass if you try to get rid of that car after only 3 months if you bought it new. You would be lucky to get 80% of what you paid for it.

post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2002, 03:02 PM

Try to sell the WS6 to a private buyer instead of the dealer, you will get more money for it that way. Even so if you get the 80% feel lucky. You will take a loss if you sell it. As a daily driver...12K in 3 mons is alot of miles...I have a daily driver that I have used for the past 7 years and I have less than 65K on it and I live 12 miles from my work...You will probably take some kind of hit on that millage...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2002, 09:54 PM

you can do anything with good credit.

or so i've heard.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2002, 10:34 PM

You will most definitely take a big hit unloading an 02 vehicle,. Unless you have money to burn, I'd just sit tight. Oh well. Even an 01 would be a big bite pal. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement