Routine Maintence.... help me out - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-25-2002, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (23)
Question Routine Maintence.... help me out

Ok guys I am thinking about doing some routine maintence to the steed. I just have a few questions for the experts.

My car: 98 GT just over 53k miles, driven hard on occasion

Its time for an oil change and I am wondering if I go to synthetic now (running synthetic blend now) would there be any repurcustions? I know most people go right to synthetic right after they buy the car. Oil filter? What do you guys use. I have the motorcraft on mine now.

Coolant:
I have not changed it since I have bought the car. Do you think it needs changed and should I seek the help of a surface tension reducing additive (ie. Redline water wetter) if so where can I purchase some.

Any other routine maintence you think I should be doing with the miles that I have on the car. I just don't want it to decide that its mad at me for not taking care of it and take a crap on me hehe.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks guys

Later
Jason

Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When you don't know what you are talking about, its tough to know when you are done" Smothers Brothers

"Sir have you been drinking tonight?"..... "No, why is there a fat girl in my back seat?" Larry the Cable guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-25-2002, 03:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Yes by all means go to synthetics and use any quality filter, and flush/refill your cooling system. If you are not having overheating problems you don't need water wetter.
Might want to think about changing your front end drive belt
(fan belt) to ensure no surprises. Take a look at your brakes if there is less than 3mm of friction material left take care of that also.

Dwayne

post #3 of 3 Old 04-25-2002, 03:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
mobil one 5w30,pureone oil filter,fuel filter,plugs NGK TR 55,K&N filter,check plug wires mine started arching at around 50,000 miles but it is alot hotter where I am than where you are so yours should be ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement