Monster Tach for 96-98GTs - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-24-2002, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Monster Tach for 96-98GTs

ok i just picked up an Autometer tach (model# 3905). The install looks like it will be pretty straight forward. I was just wondering if any of you guys with 97-98 SOHCs have had problems with the install? This is the first time i have tried to install one so any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks,
97Stanbanger

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-24-2002, 09:59 PM

Here you go. Right off the Corral Tech page:

Installing an after-market tach in the '96 is easy to do:

To install your favorite tach in a 96 and up with the EEC-V EDIS ignition simply follow these directions.

Pick where you want to mount the tach (I used the A-Pillar).

Remove the screws (2) holding on the instrument panel bezel. Remove the light switch then remove the bezel.

Remove the screws (4) that hold the instrument panel in place. The instrument panel is now free to be tilted forward (Bottom first).

Remove the 2 electrical connectors from the Instrument panel. The connectors have a push tab and will disconnect easily once this tab has been pushed.

The left connector is CN1, the right is CN2.

Feed the wires from your tach into opening behind instrument cluster.

You will be connecting to CN2.

Connect your Tach Signal Input to pin 8 on CN2. This is circuit 11 (Instrument cluster Tach Signal Input) in the Ford schematics and is feed from the EEC-V Pin 48 Electronic Diagnostic Signal (Circuit 659).

Pin 4 on CN2 can be used to supply +12VDC to your tach. This circuit is ignition switched and fuesd.

Pin 5 on CN2 can be used to provide 0-+12VDC to your tach light feed. This circuit is feed through the light switch dimmer circuit. It is fused.

Connect your Tach to ground. I used the existing ground screw on the fuse panel for this.

Reverse steps to re-connect your insturment panel. Re-assemble your dash and enjoy your tach.

Team Pony Kix page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-25-2002, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

thanks!

thanks for the post ponykix i really appreciate it... i searched for that article before i posted i must have overlooked it. Again, thanks!

97Stangbaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement