Turn signal, blinks fast then normal, why?? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #36 of 39 Old 05-12-2002, 09:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
CAUTION!

You guys need to be careful with that blinker fluid! It can be highly corrosive. It becomes ionically charged with repeated use thru the circuits! Best thing I have found is to just change it out, using a brake fluid bleeding kit. That way it doesn't come into contact with any sensitive parts (or fingers!). Many serious road racers routinely change it at 50,000 miles anyhow.

Seriously...i just wanted to subscribe to this thread 'cause I have same problem. Wonder if it's more prevalent in 'verts due to more exposure to damp air?

Later,
CW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37 of 39 Old 05-13-2002, 02:01 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Crap! This is great! I just got on here looking for as solution to my problem and here it is. Just one thing. Mine was always fin until I installed my guages.... Who knows. I'll play with it tomorrow. Thanks guys!

'11 GT
'87 Turbo Coupe
'94 F-150
post #38 of 39 Old 05-13-2002, 02:04 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Exclamation Wait!

Well crap just when I though it was fixed, it started again tonight! This makes me believe that it's more than just dirty contacts in the switch cause I know they didn't build that much dirt back up in a day. LOL! So now I'm thinking it's a plastic piece in the switch thats out of place because I heard it snap when it stopped working again as I pulled back on the arm. Too bad it wasn't as easy as I thought, but it's probably a good idea to clean them out anyway due to the turn signal problem, but if you have the headlight problem, it may be more. I'll keep everyone posted on whats going on with it as I will take it back off this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39 of 39 Old 05-13-2002, 08:33 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
HA HA! Mine was just the stupid socket!

'11 GT
'87 Turbo Coupe
'94 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement